3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vlad_Epifanov 17.12.21 01:28 am

Power supply and video card

Zdarova pachans !!!
My friend got a gtx 460, right now he is looking at a new video, and I think you can take a gtx 760 (because of the fucking crisis, because prices have skyrocketed) and the problem is that he has a 450 W power supply, and he needs a MINIMUM 500 W ...
Only 50 W is missing, what do you think is critical?
8 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shadows3D 17.12.21

even dumb to advise something :)

F
Futurra 17.12.21

Here is a calculator so that there are no questions
http://en.msi.com/power-supply-calculator/

S
Sanchez ramirez 17.12.21

A funny question, really. Card needs at least 500 W, 450 W unit - not obvious? Apparently, the previous card burned out for about the same reason, the unit simply did not take out, and it’s commonplace that the cooler speed dropped below the plinth. I am surprised that the power supply unit itself did not burn out. It seems like they bet from 600 or more on the game ones, but they also cost quite a lot.

B
Beirut 17.12.21

The vidyaha itself is from 150-170, you need to look at the system as a whole

v
vitalik062 17.12.21

Vlad_Epifanov
760 under load eats 100 watts less than 460

v
vvvjust 17.12.21

Vlad_Epifanov
And what kind of power supply does a friend have? In theory, if the unit has an honest 450W, then it should be enough for the entire system! If this is some kind of non-name, then it is better not to risk it!
Sanchez Ramirez
Where does this nonsense about 500W come from ??? Vidyuhi of the middle segment eat a maximum of 200W

Y
Yuusuke_Naora 17.12.21

GeForce GTX 760 is a good card, I have two and did not regret it, even if it takes exactly 4 gig with a 256 bus, it's hard to find them, but it's worth it.

n
nestrbob 17.12.21

vvvjust
The power of the power supply unit for the minimum configuration of the computer is often written on the packaging of the video card, hence the 500W. Of course, this is not the power consumption of the card itself.