3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
X
XBoy360 17.12.21 01:28 am

How to choose the right RAM for purchase?

Guys, I set myself this goal to expand the RAM from my 8 GB to 16 GB. But there are a couple of questions:
1. Timings. All RAMs in stores have some kind of timings, I don’t rummage in them at all. Then 9-9-9-9, then 10-10-10. So, I have a Kingston Hyper Blue, two 4 GB each. So, I think I found the same in the store - blue, hiper, 1600 MHz each. Can you take them or do you still need to navigate by the timings?
2. My slats are in the first - third or in the second - fourth slots, I don't remember exactly, but is there a difference when inserting into the slots in this way and will there be nothing if I put new ones next to them? I just heard that, like, maybe it is - sometimes you need to insert strips into these slots only for 2 GB or more, like they can not pull. So my motherboard is not old, and the computer itself is more or less, that, I hope, two 4GB strips should work.
I would be glad to receive your answers.
32 Comments
Sort by:
X
XBoy360 17.12.21

Why are you adding up? Help better guys.

M
Mordok 17.12.21

Are you planning to overclock?

X
XBoy360 17.12.21

Mordok
I still did not overclock in the BIOS, I only set the clock frequency in it instead of 1333 standard to 1600, and the percentage was overclocked through the program in the OS, so here it is.

V
VаLK 17.12.21

What motherboard. And the goal of increasing memory is also interesting.

M
Mordok 17.12.21

XBoy Venom 360
I don’t know about the programs, for normal overclocking you need to select identical dies. Even with equal timings and frequencies, I had overclocking problems (due to different volumes along the way).
If there is no overclocking - don't care about timing - take any die supported by the mother. The list of supported dies, the correct order of sticking (1-3 or 2-4) for two and four channels is in the instructions for the mother. All dies are adjusted for the worst timing. Again, if you don't need overclocking, don't care about timing.

X
XBoy360 17.12.21

Mordok
Ie, if I buy two such bars now, put them in free slots, will everything work? And yet, if all the bars have a frequency of 1600, can I set them? Nothing prevents this?

K
Kosh13 17.12.21

XBoy Venom 360
You set some steep levels there as far as I remember?
In short, my advice is to sell the old planks, buy 2 * 8 and you will be happy.
New memory for any old will slow down. Plus there is a chance that all memory will work in 1333.

K
Kryogen 17.12.21

The very idea of ​​expanding from 8 to 16 is delusional, it makes no sense, there will be no gain, it is better to dig a new vidyuhu - percent, the operative will not give you anything. At the moment, 8GB is enough for everything.

E
Esthetix 17.12.21

XBoy Venom 360 Is it
stupid to buy, and set all the memory to the same timings and is not destiny?

M
Mordok 17.12.21

XBoy Venom 360
Climb into the motherboard manual, there is a complete list of supported boards and frequencies.
The fact that you have 1600 plugged in does not mean that they work at this frequency. The mother can support 1600mhz, but only in overclocking. I even had a case when the memory did not start at all above 800 - a flashing was required.

In principle, any 1333mhz should work without problems (I just stuck it in and forgot), but I also had exceptions, so I say: if you don’t want firebrands, check the instructions and buy. And the process - yes, set it up and it will work. You don't need to adjust the timings yourself.

X
XBoy360 17.12.21

Mordok
Well, if I set 1600 MHz, and in the main bios menb writes my processor frequency and memory frequency - 1600, then it works exactly at 1600?

Esthetix
If I could find out what it is all about.

Kryogen
I personally miss. And it won't get any worse in the future.

Kosh13
Not cool, we all stand like that. It's just that if I buy exactly the same ones, why would they work in 1333?

I wrote on the dns forum, there, too, no one can clearly answer. I just want to know - I'll buy these strips, put them in two free slots, will they work if all the strips are clocked at 1600 MHz?

E
Esthetix 17.12.21

XBoy Venom 360
in fact, any ddr3 is launched in def at 1333 frequency, everything else is set to those frequencies that are needed. what they write on the RAM 1600 is the frequency that they take quietly without problems. But for the mother, this can mean overclocking and will launch one fig 1333. For this, don't care, buy and put it, everything will start with the same timings as you now have

M
Mordok 17.12.21

XBoy Venom 360
How do I know? Maybe you bet on 1600, but it resets you back to 1333 through failsafe.
Take it and read it: there are three lines of text and a table of manufacturers. If the mother holds, you will have 1600 for the entire volume (you will find the maximum volume there).
You will not get an answer more precisely)

K
Kosh13 17.12.21

XBoy Venom 360
If you can buy exactly what the question was about?
I at one time bought 8 more of the same for my 4 GB of samsun and everything works great.

X
XBoy360 17.12.21

Kosh13 This is
actually the question. It's just that they are the same in color, the price is the same, the model is called the same, but x3, can the timings be different there?

K
Kosh13 17.12.21

See serial. Or model number. Should be one to one. The only difference is that the volume will be indicated differently.
All my strips have the same model number. Only 2GB ones end in 2g, and 4GB ones end in 4g.

M
MunchkiN 616 17.12.21

if you just need the fact of increasing memory in the case of the presence and purchase of 2 identical memories with timings and frequencies, you can not bother, because the memory will work according to the characteristics of the worst set in the system. the only thing worth paying attention to is the type of plate and the voltage. It's also nice to see what kind of memory the MP holds in the form of a specific lineup.
however, for a good reason, it is necessary to select memory both according to the manufacturer's line and according to the totality of the similarities of all, let's say, of a larger volume.

E
Eroppo 17.12.21

From experience, the easiest way is not just to take exactly the same memory as it is already worth, but the main thing is to agree upon a return when buying, because it even happened that the same modules from different batches managed to conflict with each other

J
JustiVoy 17.12.21

XBoy Venom 360
Take all the strips of 1600 hertz, it will be better. I advise you to take 2 strips of 8 GB

X
XBoy360 17.12.21

NiGGA POPER 228
eroppo
MunchkiN 616
Kosh13
In general, I was mistaken that there is such a RAM. I have Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2 / 8G, it's cheap, but we don't have it in our city, timings are 9-9-9-27. If I buy RAM from this company too, with the same clock frequency, but the timings will be different? Or maybe another company, but with suitable timings and frequency?