3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ArtSkai 17.12.21 01:28 am

2 bugs with the game (Sniper Elite 3)

In general, I bought Sniper Elite 3 yesterday, and when I start the following errors appear:
Cannot find "C: Windows bin SniperElite3.exe". Please check if the name is correct and try again.

Error launching the game: (0x00000002) - The specified file cannot be found.

I wrote to them about these errors. They answered like this. If anyone can explain normally what needs to be done, explain here or by other contacts skype (cooler491) steam (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070954863/) Help please :)
Thanks for contacting us, and sorry you're having trouble with our game.

Here is a workaround that many people have found useful. Though it does not work for everyone.

1. Navigate to the Steam folder in Windows Explorer.
2. Right click, select properties.
3. Select the "Security" tab.
4. In the "Group or user names" box there should be a "Users ( Users)" entry. If this doesn't exist, click "Edit ..."
5. In the next window, select "Add ..."
6. In the "Enter the object names to select (examples):" box, type " Users "and click" Check Names "(if the previous window had an" Administrators "entry, they can get the machine name from there, otherwise they'll want to get it from their system properties).
7. Assuming the name is valid, click OK.
8. Make sure all the permissions are ticked for that user on the Permissions page and hit OK.
9. It should propagate those changes to all files and directories in the Steam folder; let that process finish.
10. Hopefully the game will now run.

Regards,
Mike
13 Comments
Sort by:
M
Maximozavr 17.12.21

here's my personal free and understandable translation of their answer with pictures, ArtSkai.
I'm sure you'll figure it out now!

Thank you for contacting us, and it is a pity that you have any problems in our game.
Here's a solution that has helped many, though not all.

1. Go to the installed Steam folder.
2. Right-click and select properties.
3. Select the "Security" tab.
4. In the "Groups or users" window, find the line "Users". If not, click on "Change ..."

5. In the next window, select "Add ..."
6. In the field "Enter the names of the selected objects:" type in the username of your computer and click "Check names" (if the previous window contained the line "Administrators", the required username can be taken from there, or the guest name registered on this computer will be required).

7. When the name check is successful, click on OK.
8. Make sure that all Allow items are checked for the selected user on the Steam Group Permissions page and click OK.

9. Wait until the end of the process of applying the introduced changes for all files and directories in the Steam folder.

10. Hopefully the game is now running wild.

Regards,
Mike

B
Bogdan Gridnev 17.12.21

Antivirus gobbled up. Check quarantine. I had it too

A
ArtSkai 17.12.21

Maximozavr, attach to friends))

S
Sardar Urmanov 17.12.21

Guys, all the same problems, I did everything according to the instructions, but the error continues to come out. What other ideas are there?

M
Maximozavr 17.12.21

ArtSkai
picked it up! ;-)

- Oh, Zhorik, hello! Long time no see! ;-)

A
ArtSkai 17.12.21

I did everything in order

A
ArtSkai 17.12.21

A
ArtSkai 17.12.21

M
Maximozavr 17.12.21

ArtSkai,
due to system reinstallations, you have formed a backup folder Windows.old, in which Steam remains, and which does not work properly in your Windows!
uninstall steam and install it again from here: http://store.steampowered.com/about
on 7x64 it should be filed here: C: Program Files (x86) Steam (before installing, make sure that steam is also previously removed at this address)
after that everything will work! Amen!

f
fear 17.12.21

Maximozavr what for so many difficulties?

ArtSkai just get into the old Windows pack, and copy the entire steam folder to another location (for example, drive D). That's it, you run the steam from the steam folder, or you throw the steam shortcut to the slave. table.

M
Maximozavr 17.12.21

it is
possible and so, but it will hardly help Skye! ;-)

S
Sardar Urmanov 17.12.21

Damn, guys I really have steam in the Windows.old folder and in incentive I have 100 + GB of information, reinstalling everything on another disk is dreary ((you can somehow or at least somehow save the settings with pillbox 2 and cs go?

S
Sardar Urmanov 17.12.21

Just that I went into the program files folders in the disk with and the program files in the Windows.old folder. Dragged with Steam from the second folder to the first. The move began, I thought it would be long and canceled. not canceled removed the task from the task manager. explorer.exe restarted by itself, went into the old folder - there is no steam, it went into the new one there. I decided to check if it works - I go in it works and even the login was saved. Launched the elite sniper - the loader is in Russian and enters the game. Those. it all worked. ATP to all.