3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21 01:37 am

Problem with Nvidia drivers version 355.60 on Windows 7 SP1

I began to recline the "desktop window manager" immediately after installing the update to version 355.60 with all the ensuing consequences. For example, most games and "Windows Aero" effects do not work. The driver version 355.50 is to blame, updating the rest of the Nvidia software does not lead to this problem. When rolling back to the previous version, this error disappears. I currently have version 353.62.
I would like to know if this is a unique case, or has anyone else experienced such a problem?
SO Windows 7 SP1 "licensed" (activated without a key), after installing the package did not update anything. Confa sistemnik in profile.
23 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

Thank you all for being active in discussing this problem. Apparently the case is really unique.

-
-SK.art- 17.12.21

How did

you install the driver? It is advisable to check the "clean installation" checkbox when installing a new nvidia driver (when choosing a manual setting, this item appears)
I have win 10 pro 64 bit, this driver is worth it, all the way.

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich- I
tried it differently. Both clean and dirty. The problem appears exactly after updating the driver to version 355.60, other updates do not cause problems.
While I’m sitting at 353.62, I’ll try to update the next time the version after 355.60 is released.
It looks like I have some kind of unprecedented (me) problem with Windows. On a laptop with the old 520MX graphics, the upgrade to 355.60 does not cause any problems, on the exact same (same) system as on a stationary PC.

N
NorthernSky 17.12.21

And not a single stinging post about firewood "green" from "red".

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

NorthernSky
The problem is not in the wood, is it not already obvious? And the fact that there are no sarcastic posts, Duc it is necessary to rejoice, I, frankly, do not understand people who are convinced that one of these colors is better than the other. Both are good, but each in its own direction.
If Nvidia had not rolled Maxwell before the collapse of the ruble, I would not have looked towards the green ones, I would have been sitting on the red 290X right now.
After all, initially I planned to build on Intel + AMD, since the price / performance of Nvidia was always lame. But I think the purchase of 980 for 24k is extremely profitable, you can even say that I was lucky.

N
NorthernSky 17.12.21

Belomorkanal
Plate with the inscription "sarcasm"))))

C
Cufnak 17.12.21

Belomor you are not the only one with the problem of installing this driver, the same operating system parameters and does not want to install the driver in any, I am waiting for the next version. since nothing helps. on another computer, only another version of Windows helped.

L
Lyokha Zhigalev 17.12.21

+100500 is the same poor, it was with this update that the window dispatcher also broke down, the games stopped starting. only rollback (((

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

At work today I put firewood version 355.60 on my work computer with a Geforce 210 video card, it works fine, as well as on a laptop with 520MX on board. It turns out that the trouble with the new firewood is only on my home computer, which is in the profile.

F
FilbergM 17.12.21

Hello people! I have already had the 355: 60 driver several times, when I press the express installation it says that the installation failed. Then you have to completely demolish the driver and reinstall it. Maybe someone knows what the problem is?

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

And my version 355.60 fights with the window manager and kills it every time it starts.

T
Tero doomer 17.12.21

The case is not unique, the same trouble on win7x64 GTX970 inno3D

-
-SK.art- 17.12.21

Belomorkanal

was released yesterday at 355.82. Try it.

z
zhekazloy 17.12.21

NorthernSky
Yes, it is well known that only Reds have problems with drivers) but this ... does not count)

s
serial86 17.12.21

With the new update 355.82, the driver for the 3D Vision 352.65 controller has not been updated, so it's not a fact that everything has been fixed.

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
The same bucket.

-
-SK.art- 17.12.21

Belomorkanal

Put another AXIS)
I have two 970s, i.e. we have cards of the same series - and there was no such problem for either 8.1 or 10.

T
TVQuick 17.12.21

Same thing, never solved the problem.

T
TVQuick 17.12.21

There is a solution?

D
DozoRRR 17.12.21

TVQuick
Firewood update , 2 new versions have already been released.