3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lyokha Chukalin 17.12.21 01:37 am

Saphire r9 290 4096 and AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1075T

Good afternoon, guys, tell me. I plan to replace the old amd 6850 with Saphire r9 290 4096. What motherboard is, right now there is no way to look. but the percentage of AMD Phenom II X6 3000 MHz. does it make sense to install such a video card? I'm afraid that it is too powerful and will not pull the percentages. give advice. or maybe nVidia can supply some of the same price category.
15 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anagliph 17.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin Will pull out
normally. If you have money only for vidyahu, then bet. Only, it is very likely that you will have to update the BIOS on the mother to the last one and check that the power supply is enough for the video card.

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
Your performance percentage almost reaches the level of the FX-6300, it can be overclocked and he should play games with 60 or more FPS (there may be frequent microfreezes, but in general the FPS will be normal). So with an R9 290 or GTX970 on board, it won't be a bottleneck in most games at maximum settings with little or no anti-aliasing at 1080p.
If there is an opportunity to buy an R9 290, then it is better to add a little and take a GTX970, it is less "processor dependent" and will better reveal its potential on your hair dryer. And in the near future it will be possible to change the platform.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 17.12.21

Thank you very much! Convinced! I will boldly buy. R9 290 is offered for 12,700 rubles used. and it will also be necessary to buy cooling for it and this is another 5k.

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
What kind of cooling for 5k? I think this is not the best investment.

PS_ Do not forget to overclock the processor, why should you feel sorry for it? Let him plow to the full, such junk is not a pity.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 17.12.21

I will overclock the
Belomorkanal by 3.8-4 GHz. the card will be this one https://www.avito.ru/sankt-peterburg/tovary_dlya_kompyutera/sapphire_r9_290_4096mb_novye_garantiya_510432930 and it has a turbine cooler, roars unrealistically loud. and I am planning this cooling https://market.yandex.ru/product/10769671?hid=818965

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
I would have lit it with a turbine for 5k. I have been living with such a turbine for a year now and I am not complaining.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 17.12.21

Belomorkanal
hmm ... it's simple while it heats up 93-95 degrees. somehow scary

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
It's not true, if you unscrew the valve by 100% of its revolutions (you can get used to the noise, I'm used to it), then without overclocking the temperature will be kept within 80 (and much lower if the chip is not fully loaded), and it makes no sense to drive 290, so how it will work at the maximum capabilities of its outdated architecture inherited from its ancestors.

h
helio 17.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
was not afraid of the manufacturer) this is her working pace, set max 80% of the revolutions will be about 86g and relatively quiet

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

helio I
completely agree about the operating temperature, I have lived 4870 for several years (about 3-4 years) at 100-105, and when I noticed that the red textolite in the chip area became burgundy and a little baked, I unscrewed the valve at 100% rpm and it worked for 2 more years at temperatures in the region of 75-85.
But if a person so badly wants to improve ... to live with such a stray for 5k, then reasonable arguments are powerless here.

L
Lyokha Chukalin 17.12.21

Belomorkanal
MDA. no one you * live is going to. it's just really loud. approximately 50-60 dB. immediately wind for 1 minute, look yourself. do not waste such money out of nowhere

B
Belomorkanal 17.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
Your business.

A
AllPower 17.12.21

Lyokha Chukalin
I bought a reference r9 290 a month ago, it's impossible to play and talk on the phone at the same time))) I play with headphones, but after 65% of the cooler rotation speed the neighbors start knocking on the wall)) I also really want to take a quiet solution up to 5k. The video card itself is very satisfactory (I also bought it on Avito for 12000r)

L
Lyokha Chukalin 17.12.21

AllPower
https://market.yandex.ru/product/10769671?hid=818965 without options. only there are missing a couple of radiators. look at the reviews and how he is hooked on YouTube. and I found only foreign

y
yuri13 17.12.21

As the owner of gigabyte windforce 3 r9 290, I can say with confidence that if you plan to use the card for at least a couple of three years - take cooling from arctic cooling, in my case it is accelero extreme 4. This is the quietest and most efficient cooling. idle about 30 degrees, in Battlefield Hardline 60-65 maximum at automatic rpm. Even when the rpm is turned on at 100%, the fans are not audible (well, only if you listen).
Installation will require accuracy, but there is nothing complicated. The price, taking into account the course, bites. But you will not regret placing it.
Spoiler
Spoiler