3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tatunserg 19.12.21 11:22 pm

bone staff (Dark Souls 2)

I started playing as a magician, they gave me a standard staff, played with it, then I found a bone staff, in all magical parameters it is worse.
decided to turn to Vicki: it says that it is better than the standard "staff for" hexers ", not the best, but better than the sorcerer's staff", but I can't understand why: spells have less damage, spell casting speed is worse ... and what kind of hexers are ?
10 Comments
Sort by:
k
kokoz80 19.12.21

tatun
darkness

R
Ryogi Shiki 19.12.21

xs, maybe turning into something? from the word hex

m
mrG0bliN 19.12.21

dark souls passed by foot a year ago. hammer on the hexes, take the two-handed

G
Gold-man 19.12.21

Hexers are dark magicians. Corruption spells.
The staff is better because the total damage from darkness is greater. Basic + scale S (with full pumping) against B at the sorcerer's staff. In any case, this and that is not very good, so, for low-lvl. If it's normal, then you need to take the staff of sunset, tempered into darkness.

A
AT_Sagor 19.12.21

tatun
For spells of corruption - the Staff of Sunset (tempered to darkness); for magic - the Staff of Wisdom (tempered for magic damage); for miracles oriented to lightning - Dragon Bell (tempered with lightning); for miracles oriented to darkness - Wish Bell (tempered to darkness). This is actually the whole recipe for the highest damage indicator. If you need something more than just damage, then you already need to dig among other spell catalysts.

Q
QUlCK 19.12.21

tatun
scaling look

t
tatunserg 19.12.21

thank you all.
did not notice that the bone was imprisoned in the darkness

t
tatunserg 19.12.21

and another question: about the speed of casting spells ..
I have -109 in my stats, 135 for the staff .. besides, replacing the weapon does not affect the number 109
in any way. on what principle does speed work? stats or staff, and if the staff has lower stats?

d
drag_in 19.12.21

I think the overall speed = staff speed + character speed.
For bone magic, yes, nonsense. If you haven't reached the staff of wisdom, you can knock out the Staff with the Lizard from the sorcerers in front of the Executioner's Chariot. You don't need to wet the boss's current. This staff is certainly worse than the Staff of Wisdom, but better than the starting one, and the requirements are not as high as those of wisdom. It can be quite good in the beginning. If the titanite has not yet spent on sharpening the starting one.
PS I also played for the magician from the very beginning. Very good.

A
AT_Sagor 19.12.21

tatun
It is unlikely that anyone other than the developers knows exactly how the speed of witchcraft is calculated. It seems to be true that staff speed is like a multiplier of basic spellcasting speed, and a value of 100 equals 1.00. Well, however, any version of the calculation can be adjusted, even with subtractions. The only thing that I could establish from the experiments: the greater the overall speed of the character's spellcasting, the less the difference in the increase in the real speed of spellcasting (i.e., the animation of the spell's pronunciation), at least such an impression is formed, in one word of the exponent.
PS Somewhere I wrote my arguments and notes on this in more detail and in detail, but go find them now in this rubble.