3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
totktonada 20.12.21 01:21 am

DM-TKN-ZeroAim-v2 (Unreal Tournament (2018))

I present the card DM-TKN-Zero_Aim

A long time ago, on the outskirts of the UTru forum (utforum.ru), in the topic about mouse-type manipulators, for the purpose of testing them, a map for UT3 was created, with a primitive architecture. In fact, it was a cylindrical closed arena, with a monochromatic color, with the ability to spawn all weapons at once, in particular a sniper rifle, and pick out protruding parts like a head for godlists.
I decided to make a similar map for the new Unreal Tournament, for personal purposes, in order to train accuracy and reaction in the arena, where you don't have to look for a cunning bot. But I got carried away and made several changes:
1) added the ability to fly away through holes in the walls to the next world, having received a tonic kick with a rocket or shock, and so that players and bots would be interested in approaching there, placed first-aid kits in the openings;
2) added armor to the center of the map, so that it would make sense to move, and not just snuggle against the walls;
3) added grafonia, using models, mainly from the new CTF-Face;
4) I also played with the lighting, so that the play of light and shade would not interfere, but at the same time it would also decorate the map;
5) proceeding from the fact that the map became open, added a skybox, so that it would be aesthetically pleasing to fly into outer space, clutching a freshly selected first-aid kit to his puny chest.

As a result, I managed to keep the original idea of ​​the map, adding some visual and gameplay innovations.
Assessing the result in aggregate, as well as proceeding from the fact that I have no shame and conscience, so I will not suffer that I have laid out such a primitive, plus considering that the card may be useful for someone for similar purposes, I decided to share it with the wider the public.

PS I
warn you right away, the good old kings of primitivism, like SpaceNox, Morbias and Gael, are incomparably superior to my creation in terms of the complexity of planning and architecture. But the goal was precisely to create the most simple map, with an instantly detectable enemy, designed to adjust the mouse and train accuracy. Which I did.

PSS
Yes, I know that some models are not perfectly symmetrical, there are often deviations of a couple of units, but I already find it hard to align every detail, arrange block volumes, etc. I squeezed everything possible out of my perfectionofigism. So I will not lick further. However, if you find critical bloopers, write, I will try to fix it.

PSSS I still haven't figured out how to set up the path of the bots, so sometimes they can stand in one place or portray epileptics.

FAQ
- Where to install the card?
- The map file with the .pak extension must be located along the path C: Users your_user_name_pk Documents UnrealTournament Saved Paks MyContent

- I dropped the file where it says and I do not see the map in the game.
- To launch additional maps in a new UT, you need to lightly knock on the tambourine, namely: Main menu - Offline Action - Creat your own custom match - Custom (and not Death Match right away) and select the mode, map and other settings there. (it is possible that in the future Epics will be made simpler, for example, all the cards are in one list at once).

UPDATE and FIX

What has been fixed:
- fixed bots;
- reduced the height of the fall from the platform to death;
- corrected the most crooked static mixtures and added a couple of new ones.

By the way, godlike is gorgeous, on this bot complexity it is quite interesting to run and practice shooting.

Screenshots and a download link are attached:
Link to the new version of DM-TKN-ZeroAim-v2: www.playground.ru/redirect/drive.google.com/file ..

And this is a shot from the very DM-Arena, which I made a remake.

1 Comments
Sort by:
M
Maxinick 20.12.21

did a great job, I started to shoot better in the head)