3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dark_Master 20.12.21 01:44 am

Fps problem (Arma 3)

Guys, who knows how to at least slightly add fps in the game? In my network game, it normally gives out 9-13 fps at medium settings, at minimum 10-14, at max 9-10 and it does not depend on how many people are there, even if the server is empty ... in a single 18-23 on any settings, it happened to get on servers and there was a fps of 25, but it was 2 times in total, even in an arm of 2 fps it was sensitive and even higher .... what's the problem? the optimization is gorgeous, but I have some kind of kapets, maybe it's fixable?
here is my config:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5GHz; Ram: 6.5gb; AMD Radeon HD 6770 1gb;
45 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dark_Master 20.12.21

nothing helps

K
Kirill1984 20.12.21

Guys, some fun facts about performance.
1. The most important thing is the frequency of the processor. If there is an opportunity to drive, drive. With an increase from 3.4 to 4.2, the increase is obvious.
2. By setting the settings not to high and ultra, you SHIFT THE WORK ON PERCENT! And this cannot be done on weak machines. Those. if the vidyaha is average and good - it is better to leave all the parameters that cannot be turned off at "0" high.
3. Remove blur to zero, reduce anti-aliasing, chop off clouds and mirrors, vertical sync. This will add up to 10fps for you.
4. For weak cars, set the landscape drawing no more than 2-3 km, objects - 1.5-2 km
5. For those with AMD I sympathize, but the game is more sharpened for Intel.

D
Dark_Master 20.12.21

Kirill1984
Well, take a look at my config above and I will advise what settings to set for optimal work, I have already tried everything ...

K
Kirill1984 20.12.21

Dark_Master
Optimization "smart" was in alpha. And it was good compared to A2, not other games). Optimization is now normal for the series. On your A2 system, the same would shamelessly slow down. What can I say. The system for the game is weak, very weak. If vidyaha is an approximate analogue of GTX 550-550ti and back and forth, then the percentage is clearly outdated. It is very important to overclock the processor to at least 3 GHz. You will get a boost of up to 10 fps. FPS on the network should not be an indicator of anything for you. I'm sure that you don't go to normal servers, but try to gamble on a weak server + play some kind of Westland, which itself is buggy / loaded.
So that you understand what it is about. I had your assembly for playing A2 on the Tushino server (180 snouts at the same time + working team spik + assembly of free mods on the game). The result is from 10 to 25-30. After replacing the piece of iron with i5 3570k 3.4 (auto overclocking to 3.8) + GTX670 received an average stable FPS of 30-60. Moreover, I am sure that if I replace my vidyahu with your result for A2, it will not change much.
In short:
1. overclocking the processor (replacing vidyahi will not save you)
2. Searching for normal stable and high-quality servers
3. To be honest, change the hardware for a comfortable game. A powerful percentage for overclocking and a budget mother will work wonders (in contrast).
And do not listen to any rut about "the game does not load 30-50-70% of the processor / card." The game does not load, and will not load, but 70% of your load and 70% of my load are two different things.

K
Kirill1984 20.12.21

Dark_Master
And yes, do not listen to advice about the dependence of the game on the hard drive. This is gon. If you have a normal shdd with a speed of 7200 - this is the norm.

D
Dark_Master 20.12.21

You’re the smartest I look, I don’t play any paddleboards and in fact you didn’t say anything that could help, as usual, in the spirit of - buy a super computer, yeah, I’m already running. in A2 I had 25-40 fps on the network in damnation 2 mode, here in A.S. E the fps mode sat down. Yes, and in a3 I find servers where fps jumps up to 50, but there are so few of them and so I want to look for them

K
Kirill1984 20.12.21

Dark_Master
I did not offer you to buy a super computer. Do you understand that your system is very outdated? And having bought a "super computer" with 3 titans in SLI you will not solve the same problem. And putting a good percentage of 3.4 without overclocking you will not solve the problem. It makes no sense to advise you and your system to "turn off mirrors and clouds". You may be offended, but the problem is in your outdated hardware, I told you about it. I already ate the dog on this shit. Go to the profile forums for the game and ask there. In 90%, you will get the same answer, despite the fact that there are very competent people who are ready to help. All dances with tambourines will not allow you to increase your playability to a tolerable level. How many people with good training have already fucked with various command lines, launchers, swap files and ssd. Anyway, if they want to play, and not to watch 5 frames on the network - they buy a good percentage for overclocking. This is not an optimized licked product. This is processor-dependent shit!
They do not play in ARMA on random servers (for a long time). Therefore, remember the server you like. Everything. There are no other solutions. You can search for closed projects such as VOG or Sunday Games. And so look, for example, American "Dominion America" ​​or our "Old School".

K
Kirill1984 20.12.21

Dark_Master
And sit on a stable build.

D
Dark_Master 20.12.21

oke, then I will advise a program to overclock the processor, because I'm not in this at all boom boom

K
Kirill1984 20.12.21

Dark_Master
Here for overclockers. I can only "drive" the last three generations of Intel) Everything is easier there than yours, I think. In BIOS, you simply either choose auto-overclocking, or draw an acceptable core frequency without touching the voltage. It will be a little more difficult for you. But there was a percentage of the chassis, I think there is a detailed manual for it.

D
Dark_Master 20.12.21

well, as usual, a sea of ​​text, zero sense

D
Dark_Master 20.12.21

maybe enough to flood?

K
Kirill1984 20.12.21

Dark_Master
go ass)

D
Dark_Master 20.12.21

Kirill1984
just after you, sir

K
Kostucas 20.12.21

And I didn't even say thank you)))

a
aist16 20.12.21

Experts, please explain how now to get to the page with files, or cheats, etc. specifically this game?
After I found the page with the game. In order not to run around in the general catalog of all games.
So far, I find what I need only through a search in Yandex or in Google.

P
PC Boyarin 20.12.21

I noticed that the game works for me on 11 direct, but can I somehow switch to 9 direct? Fps is just creepy 15-17 at the lowest, while in BF 3 I play Mulit without problems 30-38 fps ...

c
clop1000 20.12.21

Guys - how to optimize?
Core i5-2300, 2900 MHz (29 x 100)
8 GB frames
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (2 GB)

So - auto detection - everything is ultra.
In principle, it goes well (about 30fps by eye), but in some situations (in a car, when you look at the optics, when it rains, it sags very much.)
What would you advise to remove without much loss?

Is there a noticeable difference on the SSD - I think just transferring steam to ssd by sacrificing all the other games.

S
StormX07 20.12.21

I found it, I'll try it myself.

Let's start with the launch commands.
Where should these commands be entered?
Right-click on the game launch shortcut - Properties - "Shortcut" tab - "Object:" field Example: "C: somePath ArmedAssault.exe" -nosplash -mod = @ MyMod

The following commands exist in arma 2:
-x = Sets the screen resolution horizontally (in window mode)
-y = Sets the screen resolution vertically (in window mode)
-window Indicates that the game should be launched in a window (example: -window -x = 800 -y = 600)
-nosplash Disables intro when launching the game
-showScriptErrors Turns on the display of script errors of the game on the screen (ARMA 2 v1.03.58627)
-maxmem = Sets the limit of RAM that the game should use (in M. 2047, the maximum at the moment.
-world = Select the default island when loading, for example: -world = Takistan (if empty, no island will be loaded when the game starts .)
-gamertag = Sets the clan tag for the profile.
-dsound Use DirectX sound.
-openal Use OpenAL sound.
-nosound Silence.
-noPause The game does not pause when Alt-
Tab . -winxp enables Vista / Windows 7 compatibility with multiGPU cards and / or SLI and Crossfire
modes -noCB disables multicore drawing, eliminates visual glitches on some systems, but slows down rendering.
-cpuCount = X Specifies how many CPU cores to use.
-mod = Command to run mods, example: -mod = @ myMOD; starts the mod which is arma @myMOD addons *. pbo. Use semicolons to run multiple mods, example: -mod = mod1; mod2; mod3
-malloc = system can be used to force using Windows allocator even when allocator dll * Experimental: Memory allocator can be selected using -malloc = N with N = 0..4. (I don’t know how to translate it correctly, it works with patch 1.60)

Command line parameters:

Code:
1) -nosplash removes the splash screen;
2) -mod = XXXX loads mod XXXX by default;
3) -world = empty this speeds up the loading of the game, the island is not loaded at the same time;

S
SpacePRedator014 20.12.21

aist16
In general, the menu is on the top left, but at a small resolution it is not shown, reduce the scale
It also squats fps strongly, usually 25-35 fps, but after a while the fps drops to 10-20, starts to lag and slow down terribly (as if the CPU power is not enough) and eventually crashes, at first I thought that the CPU was overheating, but then I checked it and no, everything is fine, such garbage was in BF3, like it flies first, and then it starts to lag and crashes, but this was fixed only with a patch in BF3 , I don't even know here, there was no such thing in the alpha, it was stable, although it did not lag 25 fps, it was comfortable to play, but here the PPC is simple