3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
Ultravirus661 20.12.21 01:44 am

The laptop switches video cards by itself.

I have an HP laptop, there are two vidyuhi on it. Both are from red (of course, one is integrated, the other is discrete). I noticed a strange thing since yesterday. Even if there are no demanding applications, a discrete one can turn on, make some noise for half a minute and calm down. At first I did not pay attention, later I was worried, since the discrete one turns on every five minutes. I thought you never know if something glitched, installed new drivers, cleaned the registry, checked it with an antivirus: nothing. I looked through aida64, the processor also starts working in active mode. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem.
PS While I was writing, the discrete one worked 2 times.
2 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 20.12.21

An increase in valve revolutions is not a sign of switching on discrete graphics. The point is most likely in the heating of the CPU or discrete GPU to the temperature at which the CO speed increases. It is quite possible that the CO radiator is clogged with dust and the air at low speed (when the CO does not make noise) does not pass well through the CO plates. As a result, the CO has to increase the speed much more often.

ZY_ There are no video cards in laptops, when will people finally understand that a video card is a full-fledged textolite board with its own power system and memory? Laptops have graphics chips, not video cards. The integrated GPU is embedded in the CPU as a separate core, the discrete GPU is installed separately from the CPU. In most laptops, the GPU and CPU are cooled by a single CO in the form of a single heatsink to which copper pipes go from the CPU and from the GPU.

U
Ultravirus661 20.12.21

Belomorkanal
The problem was solved by rolling back the system. The ugly utorrent pumped up all sorts of crap, and the katalist put "high performance" on these processes. But still, thanks for responding to my problem.
PS The laptop was cleaned of dust, as I recently changed the thermal paste and cleaned the laptop at the same time.