3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Argos dalarion 23.12.21 10:22 pm

Steam Cannot Load Game (Mass Effect Legendary Edition)

Actually, comrades, who ran into a problem when, during the boot process, the steam hangs tightly. It is indicated that the disk is 100% loaded and the download can be stopped either from the phone in the incentive, or you can reboot the machine and immediately interrupt the download when you enter the steam. Personally, this is the first time I've come across this. I tried to install other games and they are installed without any problems.
Does anyone know what kind of attack this is?

PS - Assuming direct control
18 Comments
Sort by:
B
BDmitriy 23.12.21

Argos Dalarion
Try limiting the download speed on Steam

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

BDmitriy I set a
limit, accepted everything, but the speed was still high. Or have I not pressed something else?

B
BDmitriy 03.01.22

Argos Dalarion
?

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

BDmitriy Everything was done
as in the picture (the checkmark was pressed, instead of "no limit" 4.5MB / s is indicated, apply applied) but it still did not give any result. The speed, as it was 11.2, remains at almost the same level.

B
BDmitriy 03.01.22

Argos Dalarion
Strange then fig knows

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

BDmitriy
Anyway, thanks for your help) Maybe in the future this situation will be resolved, but, as they say, this is a completely different story))

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

BDmitriy
Shamanic dances with a tambourine turned on the 4.5MB / s limitation and the download started, the only funny thing is that everything froze again ... this download took a little over half an hour and after the computer froze again.

B
BDmitriy 03.01.22

Argos Dalarion
Look at the processes, who is still raping the disk or try to make the speed even less

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

BDmitriy Yandex
browser? .. put another game to download and freezes started again, and then I turned off the browser and downloaded normally.

A
ArXangel_ann 03.01.22

Argos Dalarion Is the
disk being downloaded to normal? Have you tried downloading on another one? the impression that he stumbles upon a broken sector and tries to write.

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

ArXangel_ann
CrystalDisk shows that everything is fine with the disk. There is a ssdnik, but there is not enough space for uploading mass effect

B
BlackTigerTK 03.01.22

Argos Dalarion
As I understand it, you have an external drive. Have you connected it to a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port?
Judging by the information from Steam:
Spoiler
You load faster than writing to disk. If connected to USB 2.0, try reconnecting to USB 3.0.
If it is already connected to USB 2.0, try limiting the download speed again, for example, to 2.5 MB / s

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

BlackTigerTK is
funny here is another thing, I specially got a little steamy and removed the game from the uplay and put it on, and it quietly downloaded at a good speed. I did the same with Steam: I deleted Inscryption and loaded it again, again there were problems with the computer freezing

B
BDmitriy 03.01.22

Argos Dalarion
Try to demolish Steam at the root and re-install

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

BDmitriy
I will try, thanks. I didn't think of something before the demolition.

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

BDmitriy
Great news. Reinstalling Steam corrected the situation. Like a breath of fresh air.

A
Argos dalarion 03.01.22

Continuation of the clownery.
I did not go into details on how exactly I achieved success with mass effect injection.
After bewitching the ssdnik, I collected the required amount of free space for the masych and it swayed well there. Praise to the Harbinger!
Now the painful part. The terabyte tool, to which I initially (and then several more times) downloaded the mass effect, inevitably freezes at the same percentage (6-8%). At the same time, after reinstalling Steam, other games are put on its clean and beautiful platform with a bang .. I set about a dozen games at night on a terabyte and everything was fine .. until I touched the mass effect and the Steam had to be demolished with all the contents because ... after an unsuccessful attempt to install ME, no product from the library could be installed anymore (computer hangs)
Interesting, however, this is the case.

B
BlackTigerTK 03.01.22

Argos Dalarion
Hmm ... I don't even know what to say. The only thing that comes to mind is that the exFAT file system is used by default on the external disk. This was done on purpose so that you can use it both in Windows and on Macos. You can try reformatting the external drive to NTFS. However, in this case all data on it will be deleted. This is if you want to experiment.