3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
m02sdy 23.12.21 10:22 pm

FPS drop some time after the start of the game. (Cyberpunk 2077)

Hi all !
Such a problem after a while (5-10 minutes) it is in the city that the FPS falls. I play at Ultra + RTX ON.
Hardware:
i9 10900 KF
RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB of RAM
Modern motherboard based on Z590.

RTX OFF - no problem, stable 60 fps. But after all, at the first start with RTX ON - all the rules are also for some time, 60 fps.

Is there a solution to the problem?
18 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.21

you can try increasing the swap file. or there is some kind of virus. or just 2060 should not pull kb at ultra 60fps which one.

m
m02sdy 23.12.21

How do I increase the paging file? Can it negatively affect something?

K
Kartonkratos 23.12.21

m02sdy
Just write to you tube and they will tell and show everything.

m
m02sdy 23.12.21

Did) They say that this procedure is necessary only if there is not enough RAM in principle. I have 32 GB. Not my option.

J
Jovie jov 23.12.21

FPS drops - check temperatures for throttling
A, wait, you have an ultra preset + RTX on, on a card that conventionally supports rays)
30 frames at least gives out?)
Is DLSS enabled?

B
Be3yH4eG 23.12.21

2060 rays? Wake up. Did you believe in the budget card?)

m
m02sdy 23.12.21

Be3yH4eG Buddy
, well, you wake up. On
i9 10900
32 Gb DDR4
AND a modern GAMING board, I don't bother with the settings at all. You just put everything on ultra and play at 60 fps.

B
BDmitriy 23.12.21

m02sdy
And the vidyashka pulls down ...

Q
Qoold 23.12.21

m02sdy
My son has a fucked up PTX 2060 and he "You just put everything on ultra and play at 60 fps"

A
ArXangel_ann 23.12.21

m02sdy
well, that is, you want everything on ultra and rays, having 6 gigs of video memory on board? XD
What resolution do you play in? at 720, what are such requests?)))))
You were told in the store that you can put everything on ultra without looking, cut in all the pribludy - and there will be norms? They just forgot to say that this is real for the 3080, but not for the 2060

m02sdy wrote: The
temper of the processor works up to 90 C on average, but for the i9 this is the normal operating temperature.
Seriously? Yes, this is practically the upper limit, and not the "norm". The norm is 80 and below.

B
Be3yH4eG 23.12.21

m02sdy
I'm telling you that the budget card does not pull in the rays! Can't you figure it out? At least stick 2070!

J
Jovie jov 23.12.21

m02sdy wrote:
Buddy, well, you wake up. On
i9 10900
32 Gb DDR4
AND a modern GAMING board, I don't bother with the settings at all. You just put everything on ultra and play at 60 fps.
How will a good percentage and 32 gig of RAM solve the problem of a weak video card in a game in which the emphasis is on the video card?
You have only one option - to underestimate the graphics preset by 1 point and set the DLSS mode to performance + if after a while the FPS drops heavily, then most likely it throttles either the percent or the card (the frequencies are dropped) due to critical temperatures. In this case, you need to perform an undervolting, or change the cooling in case of a problem. If the matter is in the card, then it needs to be serviced (cleaned and changed the thermal paste), which most likely will not help much, since the card doesn’t have to say that it’s a dinosaur and should not have gotten dirty in such a short period, but the undervolt will help very much. And the case must also be well ventilated and not be closed by a coffin (at least 2 fans for blowing in and 1-2 for blowing out)

m
m02sdy 23.12.21

Reading the crude comments from pseudo experts, my hope of finding an answer to my simple request here was greatly shaken. I came here to show off? Before you? I have outlined the situation as it is. Unfortunately, I did not see a sensible solution. For those who have doubts, I will not even be too lazy to record a video. Ultra + RTX ON + DLSS (performance) = 60 fps. Full hd.

J
Jovie jov 03.01.22

We are very sorry that we disappointed you and that we were unable to help you. But we will try to do everything in our power to correct our mistakes and help you solve your very important problem, because we believe that solving your problem is the main priority in the life of every person and requires the attention of our entire species. We are looking forward to your video and will try not to disappoint you again.

A
ArXangel_ann 03.01.22

Jovie Jov
And we will fold and buy him a card that will pull all games to ultra in 8k. With rays, of course.

m
m02sdy 03.01.22

Ahhaa)) Handsome!

K
Kartonkratos 03.01.22

m02sdy Man
well, really, you don’t realize that the video card cannot keep 60fps at ultra with tracing turned on, and your processor will not help here because the emphasis goes to the video card, and the motherboard does not play any role at all in games , even though you put the most bummer, even though overly expensive and the difference will be zero, with my rtx 2070 super on ultra in full hd with tracing on ultra and dlss for quality I get an average of 50-55 fps with drawdowns, rarely 60 + fps and even then in not very busy places.

M
Makroless 03.01.22

m02sdy Although
I do not believe in this nonsense, for at the very 3060 and 60 well, if not in the city. But the fall in FPS can be associated with a memory leak and this can only be fixed by developers. Try to play around with the settings in rtx. For example, put on the middle. Problems then. Rth not so much influence