3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
alex 19061967 23.12.21 11:51 pm

Impressions of playing on a PC. (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance)

Well, it's great that this great game came to PC for the first time in 20 years. One thing can be said about the quality of the release - playable! Everything is the same as in the original on PS2 and NGC, with one exception - there is no camera scaling, in the original it was, however, insignificant. It is possible to enable cheats, as in the console versions - the same combination of buttons. In the Russian language, according to the unkind tradition of both Western and Japanese re-editions of old games, as always, they put a bolt. However, there has never been an official Russian translation for this and the second Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. There is nothing to say about the quality of the pirated console "translations". But the main thing is that the game was released. I am personally very pleased with this fact, and will wait for the release of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 on PC. Both of these games had to be played on a PS2 emulator, now this need has disappeared (so far only for the first). Both Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance are MASTERPIECES to me. I already rated Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance at 10/10 on PC.
1 Comments
Sort by:
a
alex19061967 08.10.22

Time has passed, the excitement about the release of both games on the PC has diminished, since Russification is not expected for them, and I change my rating to 8/10 for both games on the PC. It's better to play them on PCSX2 - both games are perfectly emulated on hardware for version 1.6 of the emulator and they have a Russian translation - for the first one there is even partial Russian voice acting, but for the second one - excellent Russification of the text updated in 2017 by the craftsmen with good, not clumsy, like in the first, in font. No one on ZoG is going to even just port the text crack for the second game from the original to the PC version. This is their attitude to the translations of games of the golden classics of the genre.