3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Frostmir 25.12.21 09:41 pm

GTX 9xx (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Such a problem - I have a GTX 950, I play at medium-high and almost does not lag, BUT it crashes without errors or just freezes. I heard that The Witcher 3 has compatibility problems with video cards from the Nvidia 9xx series. Before that, it was 650 at minimum salaries, it crashed and hung, but not as often as from 950 (every 3-4 hours). So what's the problem? In the compatibility of the game with the 9th series? This is not the case in other games!
32 Comments
Sort by:
O
Old_Nick 25.12.21

Alex0493
Problems not with 9xx or 6xx, but with x50.
A lot of nvidias x50 (yes, almost all "fifties" starting from 550) come with factory overclocking. Sometimes - he is "sparing" and everything is fine, sometimes - at the limit and there may be problems. Here, everything depends not so much on the GPU nvidia, but on the specific manufacturer of this particular video card. I have not heard of problems only with 750ti (along the way, in general - the most stable card from the "budget"), for all the other x50s, of any series, I have already come across complaints, namely - crashes / freezes
In general, the advice is simple - try to lower the GPU frequencies by 5-10% (for example - MSI Afterburner). Precisely - from departures - very often helps. From braking / freezing - alas, no

t
tesla707 25.12.21

960 everything is ok, the
problem you have is the pollution of the OS. Most likely there is a lot of shit installed like the mail.ru agent, torrents with miners, etc.

w
wise-sokol 25.12.21

Pff you know how the power of the 9 series differs from the 7? The fact that in the 9th series, nvidia does not degrade performance through firewood. That is, my 770 could be on an equal footing with 970 as 2 fingers ... And the fact that in 9 the architecture is new, so it is not particularly better than the previous one.

S
SoYYYeR3 25.12.21

970 everything flies

B
Belomorkanal 25.12.21

wise-sokol
" That is , my 770 could be on a par with 970 as 2 fingers ..."
I hope that you did not write this seriously, otherwise you have serious problems with the brain and one of its important functions - logic.

First, your unreasonable conclusions rest on the bare facts on the main characteristics of these video cards:
1) 294 sq. Mm - 770 crystal area versus 398 sq. Mm in 970;
2) 1536 universal processors in the 770 versus 1664 in the 970, a trifle, but still an advantage;
3) 3540 million transistors in 770 versus 5200 in 970;
4) And the most important difference, which, in general, determines such a difference in performance, is 32 ROP units in the 770, versus 56 in the 970.
Yes, the 770 has about 20 TMU blocks more, but with a resolution close to FHD, this difference is completely leveled out, and even at 4K these additional 20 blocks will be like a fifth leg for the 770 because of the weak chip. And yet, specifically, your 770 has 2GB of video memory (the crystal ball told), and the 970 has 4 GB by default (3.5 + 0.5).
How magically 770 can be on par with 970 ??? None, because magic does not exist.

Second, let's turn to logic. If Nvidia degrades the performance of the 7 ** series, then the performance in older games should drop when updating firewood to the 7 ** series. Do we see such a picture? No. Does the performance of the 7 ** series degrade if you upgrade firewood from 13 to the latest versions? Also no. Will you draw your own conclusions?

PS_ In general, it is not appropriate for a person whose worldview is based on the foundation of his own opinion, knowledge and experience to believe in such dubious stories as rumored by the paranoid society of teapots. Therefore, you, wise-sokol, have neither your own opinion, nor knowledge, nor experience. So why the dick leave your stuffing here? And no, I have no "bomb"!

N
Nomak_ua 25.12.21

I also flew to 960, I read that I need to put a window full screen, before that there was a full screen, Departures stopped

w
wise-sokol 25.12.21

Belomorkanal Does
not bomb at all ...

B
Belomorkanal 25.12.21

wise-sokol
AND? Let’s continue your thought, it’s very interesting what you wanted to say with this video. Your common opinion is very important to me. And yes, technokhnya is a VERY authoritative source of information, technokhnya is a professional. They have so much high professionalism that they do not need to know how video cards work, either in software or hardware. Why would they? They see EVERYTHING in their dubious gaming tests and ALWAYS cut the truth. This is ... a techno-kitchen.
Nevertheless, even the inadequate ones from Technokuhni do not directly say that performance is deliberately lowered through firewood, they speak of poor optimization for new games. That is, old video cards reveal their potential a little worse in new games, which is quite logical, because this is a natural course of events.
And admit that he blurted out stupidity by writing the following:
"my 770 could be on a par with 970 as 2 fingers"

s
saa0891 25.12.21

wise-sokol That is,

my 770 could be on par with 970 as 2 fingers ... And the fact that in 9 the architecture is new, so it is not particularly better than the previous one.

Apparently you only have a head in order to have something in it, you somehow modestly took something, you had to immediately start with 570.

w
wise-sokol 25.12.21

As for 770 vs 970, he blurted out (2 <4 your cap) ... In the rest, two "green" hamsters are trying to humiliate me here ... (Although the "green" itself has always been) And why should I know how the video card works ? I only need FPS from her. And just the same they directly say that they underestimate. That the person who bought the 780TI now has an undercard, simply because they do not optimize the firewood properly for the 7th series, in contrast to 9.
PS And in general, the next assholes who disagree began to interpret what kind of fucking bottom I do not understand, smear me, otherwise that all this is fucking; $ @ # th nvidia conspiracy, I even dreamed about it. I understand that you need to somehow justify your purchase of the 980, but it was weak without the transition to personalities?

B
Belomorkanal 25.12.21

wise-sokol
You obviously do not distinguish between "deliberately underestimating" and "poorly optimizing". Pzdts some, I did not think that I would have to explain such elementary things. It is quite obvious that the video cards of 2013 will be inferior to the video cards of the same price niche in 2015, not only in hardware, but also in software, namely in optimization, I just rediscovered America now, because it has always been and will always be so. And the fact that someone out there underestimates something in the wood - complete nonsense, the games that came out at the time when the 7 ** series video cards came out work with exactly the same FPS, both with new ones and with old firewood. Likewise, new games work on the 7 ** series with the same FPS, even with old firewood, even with new ones. This is me, as the owner of a computer (yes, I have 2 different PCs) with 650ti on board, I say,
And yes, why do you need to know how a video card works? Why do you know anything at all? For example, so as not to blurt out and not get into sh ** but how are you with your mighty 770 with 32 ROP blocks making a 970 with 56 ROP blocks. And such a festival of stupidity as a techno-kitchen is just for those who do not understand anything and do not want to understand, but only watch contradictory game tests and humbly believe and listen to all this nonsense with which the channel is filled.

PS_ and yes, I'm another "green" asshole (who played on the "red" top of 09 for 5 years), familiar with a personal computer since the time of the ZX Specrum (I had his "Soviet clone" - MAGIC, I don't remember which one) , who does not agree with the "truth-truth" based on the lack of basic knowledge. And I have inflicted an unforgivable insult on you by calling you a commoner (terrible insult, as soon as my fingers were able to print this ???). And the fact that I wrote whether you have problems with logic and brain, so generally shoot me for so little. I fall to my knees and pray for forgiveness.
Forgive me for such a thick sarcasm. Otherwise, I can’t, when the opponent in a dispute merges so much that it is simply impossible to take it seriously.

s
saa0891 25.12.21

wise-sokol

About 770 vs 970 yes blurted out (2 <4 your cap) ...

It's good that you realized that.

That the person who bought the 780TI now has an undercard, simply because they do not optimize the firewood properly for the 7th series, in contrast to 9.

Apparently the person bought what he wanted (again, this is far from an undercard, but still quite an excellent copy), and it would be strange that The 780TI would have the same performance as the 980TI, this is also from the category 2 <4 your cap (due to its performance characteristics), it's silly not to understand this.