3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Edvins 25.12.21 09:53 pm

Problem with installing a second SSD drive

On my mat. ASUS P8Z77 VLK board has two SATA 3 connectors. One is connected to an SSD SATA 3 240Gb (drive C) with Windows 7 64, and the other is a hard drive (drive D). The second SATA 3 SSD drive with Windows 10 already installed was connected to the SATA 3 slot instead of the HDD, and the
HDD to the SATA 2 slot. After a normal boot, the computer saw only the new SSD drive, and the old SSD and HDD (drive D) did not recognize. I reinstalled Windows 10 from this computer, but the same thing. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
24 Comments
Sort by:
b
betasisko 25.12.21

poke around in the bios. mood south bridge.

E
Edvins 25.12.21

And how this south bridge is being adjusted. I have done only simple settings in BIOS so far. If possible, in more detail. Windows 7 and 10.

S
Shadows3D 25.12.21

Edvins
and you will not see, this is not how it is done, you have to determine which screw should start first, put it in sata3 at number 1, and then write in the system what other screws are with the systems (there is a special programulin)

E
Esthetix 25.12.21

Edvins
Why did you climb there without knowing it? You just need to go into the BIOS and set the boot priorities by disks. 1. 2. .3 what kind of tin you just stopped thinking?

M
MunchkiN 616 25.12.21

And in the BIOS where is the device sata it is, or is it not?

K
Kahran ramsus 25.12.21

What are you sculpting for him? Moreover, the order is here, if the Windows does not see the railway. Most likely I connected the screws crookedly, which are not displayed, or I interrupted the power supply, or something worse. Does BIOS see disks or not?

E
Edvins 25.12.21

I checked the food, everything is fine. Once again, securely connected. But the BIOS only has a new SSD.

K
Kahran ramsus 25.12.21

Edvins
HERE it's not very good, sure you have food? old hdd buzzing when you start your computer? And you also have 6 satov inputs there, 2 each, those that do not work, are they connected to one pair?, Can you try to poke them into another pair? if possible, create a photo

E
Edvins 25.12.21

Changed: HDD in SATA 3 (as it was before), and the new SSD in SATA 2. All three disks appeared in the BIOS immediately. But that kind of crap doesn't suit me. The whole point of a high-speed SSD immediately disappears. Devilishness, sanctimonious word!

n
n3rd1 25.12.21

Have you tried searching in Windows settings? Start - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management. If it sees a disk - right mouse button - create a simple volume

E
Edvins 25.12.21

n3rd1
If possible, in more detail. I need both SSDs to work via SATA 3, and SATA 2 is enough for HDDs. What does the creation of a volume have to do with it?

M
MunchkiN 616 25.12.21

Edvins
read speed - ssd writing is still less than the sat 2 throughput interface, so forget it.
Actually, it is not entirely clear what it sees there and what is not. there should be a list of all ata-sata devices in the BIOS, including empty ones.
I encountered a similar problem on gigabyte boards - for some reason he did not see disks, including one on which I had Windows. then I first connected the disks connected with Windows and then the auxiliary ones. that it was I did not understand.

Z
ZeroHero 25.12.21

Try to reset the bios. Sometimes it happens that Bios does not remember the hards correctly. Good old hard reset by pulling out the battery and 10 seconds of waiting)) Or try starting a system with two SSDs on Sata 3 slots.

Z
ZeroHero 25.12.21

Well, or put the function of "hot plugging" for hard slots in kraynyak and cut the hard with Windows. The point is clearly in the bios (at the iron level)

b
bxx001 25.12.21

There was a case when ssd worked stably with sata2 and at the same time fell off, and then it was not detected at all with sata3.
Recognized as a marriage and changed it under warranty.

n
n3rd1 25.12.21

Edvins Search the
Internet for Windows Disk Management. Sometimes Win does not see them after connecting new disks (perhaps they were formatted with different cluster sizes). Go to Disk Management in Windows and see if he sees them there or not. Maybe this is the problem? (as an option)

E
Edvins 25.12.21

Disconnected the HDD and tried both SSDs via SATA 3-in BIOS - both appeared. I connected the HDD to SATA 2 and the second SSD and HDD are gone. And before that I dropped the BIOS (hard reset, as advised). Devilry!

ZeroHero
If it is possible in more detail about the function of "hot plugging" and undercutting hards. Haven't met this before.

E
Edvins 25.12.21

Shadows3D

What programulin and where to get it, or at least the exact name?

S
Shadows3D 25.12.21

Edvins a
simple question - you can't see physical disks in your BIOS or can't you see them in Windows?

E
Edvins 25.12.21

Simultaneously.