3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Red bull energy 25.12.21 10:38 pm

Help me choose a video card.

I'm thinking about getting a new video card. Now I'm sitting on sli dtx 680. I'm thinking about gtx 780ti, 980,980ti. Only 980ti is good, but it hurts a lot for it. What do you think about other video cards, and how much more powerful they are than 2 680s ?
12 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 25.12.21

780 is slightly weaker than
980 is slightly faster than 980 is
faster by 20-30%
when we talk about the abstract performance of heavy shaders and shadows in graphic vacuum

S
Silence_Wins 25.12.21

In some slide from Nvidia, 980ti showed a threefold increase in performance relative to 680. Since you have sli, I agree with MunchkiN 616 in percentage gain, only it will be a little more - about 35% due to sli problems. I would wait for the full DX12 support, which is not available now.

R
Red bull energy 25.12.21

MunchkiN 616
So it is wiser to wait for new lines of video cards, because buying a new one is a senseless waste of money.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.12.21

Silence_Wins
generally have no scalability issues. the gain always tends to a multiple of the hcp and is limited by other details.
now kind of defines the total system bandwidth and and the amount of memory as part of the bandwidth.
the reference 680 has little memory and, therefore, the bandwidth requirements increase, and even if there are at least 4 such video cards, the fps will be unacceptably low in a number of games like this, even without full load on the chips, or rather, it will not be due to the internal frame expectation from inefficient memory operation.
therefore, if there is a 680 4GB version in the slime, it makes no sense to change it for anything.
and so the meaning is to change to 980 and above, the gain will be, although there will be no shader mathematical gain.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.12.21

Red Bull Energy,
if I didn’t want to collect MGPU, for example, I would have bought 970-980 long ago instead of 690, which is close to 680,
so in this case I don’t consider it a pointless waste of money. about 980 anyway.
if you do not argue that once there the price will fall and then rise again and so on.

R
Red bull energy 25.12.21

Silence_Wins
Maybe so, in general, the position of waiting, as it seems to me, is the most reasonable. Paying that kind of money for 20-30% additional performance is not ice-cold, but you will probably have to wait a long time for the update of the line of video cards.

R
Red bull energy 25.12.21

MunchkiN 616
Of course I still wanted 980 we have it 25.5 tr. up to 30 tr. And then, over time, buy a second one. But pay Almost 50 tr. for 980, in my opinion, it's madness, because not far from 980 left. With such a price for 980, there is not far to titanium x. Therefore, the best option is neref 980.

M
Man_without_conscience 25.12.21

Take GTX-970 4GB - I'll take one myself.

R
Red bull energy 25.12.21

In short, I sold my two GTX 680s a little added money and bought a GTX Titan X. Well, in the evening I decided to scare. In short, I started Stalker CHN at maximum speed with 4x anti-aliasing + alpha anti-aliasing. FPS killed me, from 29 to 50 and all the time it jumps like this , what is the problem, like the game of 2008 and the card is powerful, on gtx 680 it lagged with anti-aliasing, but now the card is several times more powerful, can anyone explain this funny situation?

7Rain7 25.12.21

Red Bull Energy
but now the card is several times
more powerful. How many times do you think it is more powerful?
And even when the sky looks fps for 200 rolls over.
I feel dizzy if I stare at the sky for a long time.
I think firewood, or lack of feed, or percent does not reveal the potential of vidyahi.

p
prowkan 25.12.21

Red Bull Energy
What did you want from a domestic manufacturer? (I'm talking about the game)

R
Red bull energy 25.12.21

Well, in the store they said that at least three times.
The processor does not seem to be weak for a game released in 2008 either. Maybe optimization and all the cases, I can't explain anything else, because other games like far cry 4, The Witcher, Metro, Assasin Unity, etc. the stalker's graphics are now at maximum, compared to them, the full angle. The problem was solved by lowering the resolution to 1920 by 1080, the fps is now from 40 to 85.86, strange :-).