3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RicoChico 25.12.21 11:06 pm

Timeline of the game (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

Hello. I have never played Metal gear solid, but I wanted to play with the hype that appeared around the 5th part. I would like to play in the correct chronological order. Tell me if the wiki article about the series chronology is correct?
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_%28%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F_%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%29# .D0.A1.D1.8E.D0.B6.D0.B5.D1.82
Of the platforms there are PCs and PSP. Which parts are better to play on which platform, and are there translations of all parts?

I think the topic will be of interest to people like me who missed this episode.
5 Comments
Sort by:
B
BarackKamacho 25.12.21

The chronology is correct, you can play in all parts except the 4th because there are emulators, the unofficial translation is only like the first and second MGs

P
Pro100be3yh4uk 25.12.21

A
Alec says 25.12.21

RicoChico
Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake for MSX2 computer have unofficial translations.
Metal Gear Solid for PS1 and PC has several translations (including from Fargus) but on the Internet you can find a text translation for the PS1 version of
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty for both PC and PS2 has a fairly high-quality translation of
Metal Gear Rising Revengence PC version has an amateur translation of
Metal Gear Solid 5 first officially russified.
and according to chronology, comrade Pro100be3yh4uk is right.

R
RicoChico 25.12.21

What about MGS4? There was a license, but I never played because of my not perfect knowledge of English.

J
John371 25.12.21

Metal Gear Rising is not a canon part, from mg in it only the name and a couple of characters. Otherwise, it should be taken just as a good slasher, nothing more.
It is almost impossible to run the MGS2 pc version on modern computers, it is easier through the ps2 emulator. But the port mgs1 on a pc with a fix works with a bang, though in this version all the moments with the "4 wall"