3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
wi 800 25.12.21 11:06 pm

Is it possible to increase the number of decals? (Xenus.)

Is it possible to increase the number of decals? For example in Max Payne 1 2 the number of decals can be increased to 31383 by setting the value in init.mp2. Is it possible to make sure that the destroyed equipment and corpses do not disappear?
I noticed if you drag any object, leave, and then return to this place, then the object will remain in the same place, only the physical model will disappear.
6 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexander_Vesker 25.12.21

This is stupidly the graphics of the game. How many times have I noticed (maximum settings), move a little forward and the car that has just passed behind the back has already disappeared, although the horizon is visible to the limit. Play in 2 there at least the graphics abruptly. And here do not look for anything good. Textures are naughty in the game. There is still a lot of crap like snakes crawling out of a stone. You are standing on a huge boulder and here once a snake. Then it disappeared and again appeared from nowhere. Or opponents shooting through the wall. You look from behind the walls of the house, then hands with weapons, then legs look out

G
Grandshot 25.12.21

wi 800
Alas, but most likely not. The life parameters of the models are somewhere deep in the engine.
You can only try to edit the lifetime of particles, for example, blood (PPR files), but this will hardly work, because when the player crosses the locations, everything on them is updated.

w
wi 800 25.12.21

In the first part, great music, in the second UG, it turned off after two minutes, the NPCs became dumber, if you cut them, they don't even run away. somehow he was carrying out a mission for the drug mafia, where it was necessary to speak on behalf of the partisans, the partisans began to shoot at me and throw grenades, and I hid behind the audience, so no one even ran away, many died, the partisan interrupted and spoke to the survivors and corpses .Artificial intelligence-zero.
When the player
crosses locations, everything on them is updated - the moved objects remain in the new place

G
Grandshot 25.12.21

wi 800
Agree. The second part simply did not even reach the level of the first. It's just that the developers focused on the wrong things: they mainly added only graphical bells and whistles in order to keep up with competitors, and left the development of the atmosphere of the game to the background. Well, those things that really needed to be improved (for example, the same AI and the entire mechanics of the game) were left absolutely untouched, although even in 2005, in the original, these things already looked wild.

E
Esthetix 25.12.21

wi 800
Alas, the engine will not allow you to miss more than it is supposed to.

V
Vladimir835 25.12.21

I do not know how to do that. Although if you really want and if you have knowledge in reverse engineering, then you can do a lot. For example, some smart dudes play old games alone, for example, Vigilante 8 on PSX almost learned one dude to create his own maps, and for the old game Urban Chaos, the craftsman unexpectedly opened the game archives. So here either you are a programmer, or forget about this idea. And just twist some files, so that without special knowledge, I don't know about it.