3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
grandbookeater 28.12.21 10:46 pm

Excess skill points (Fallout: New Vegas)

Such a problem that, being at level 38 (Ultimate Edition), I calculated that, getting 16 experience points for each next up, at level fifty I would have 6 extra skill points, because all will be improved to 100. I did not use any cheats and console commands, initially I took a perk that takes 10% of experience, but increases all skills by 5 points (one time), and then took an ability that gives 4 points instead of 3 for reading tutorials. Then he was puzzled by the collection of these very books, collected ALMOST everything. Who can advise what in this regard? xD Have the developers envisaged such a scenario? If not, how can you “throw off” 6 extra points?
PS no, I was not mistaken in my calculations;
Let me remind you that I did not find all the books in the game. In addition, in the "Old World Blues" add-on, I deliberately did not craft textbooks, so as not to aggravate the situation even more.
7 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez ramirez 28.12.21

In Fallout 3, as far as I remember, already by level 20, you can raise all skills to 100. For those who achieved this, this was a stumbling block, because there was no way to exit the lvl up menu. In some patch, this problem was corrected, therefore, it seems to me that NV does not have this problem initially.

m
meta_KnightFan 28.12.21

If my memory serves me, then when you go to the 50th level, then the excess points are removed and you can continue to play. But still, to check, enter the advlevel command in the console and so on up to level 50 and see.

g
gmh4589 28.12.21

NitrO 87
Just when all skills hit 100, excess skill points will not be counted. I pumped my Persian to about level 60, and when all the skills were pumped to 100, there were no points at all, I just chose the perk and played further.

A
Aenmutus 28.12.21

As soon as everything rises to 100, you can simply press "further".

g
grandbookeater 28.12.21

Sanchez Ramirez
meta_KnightFan
gmh4589
Pulpy
Thanks a lot !

g
grandbookeater 28.12.21

Sanchez Ramirez
In Fallout 3, as far as I remember, already by level 20 you can raise all skills to 100. For those who achieved this, it was a stumbling block, because there was no way to leave the lvl apa menu.
Just about, from old memory, I asked this question))

B
Bearhunt 28.12.21

Just as an option, through the console, reset the command, if you don't find it for Vegas, look in Skyrim (I sort of came across there), they are practically all the same.