3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Taras Ukropenko 28.12.21 11:19 pm

Freezes in multiplayer (Battlefield 4)

In Battlefield 4 multiplayer, I regularly get heavy freezes, regardless of the graphical settings. It feels like something "heavy" is being established in the background. Tellingly, fps in the game is kept stable under 60, but there are freezes. There are no viruses in the OS. In Battlefield 3, ultras were stable 60 fps and smooth gameplay, without freezes. No other game has this problem. I cleaned the system, checked the game cache in Origin, reinstalled DirectX (as some advise) - the result is zero.

PC config:
Core i5 2400 3.1 GHz
4GB Kingston HyperX RAM DDR3 1600 MHz
ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II 2048MB
Chieftec CTG-750C
Seagate 1TB 5900 Serial ATA II-300
ASUS Socket 1155 P8H61-M LX2 / SI
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Actually friezes of this kind occur in the game (the video is not mine):

(Freezes start at 4:30)
10 Comments
Sort by:
G
Genocide 28.12.21

Little operative. You need 6 or more. There are more cards here than in the single.

T
Taras Ukropenko 28.12.21

Genocide
Official system requirements give a minimum of 4 GB. So I set all the graphics to a minimum, including the resolution for square 1080. The result is the same. On this system, Crysis 3 and GTA 5 start very well at very high levels, and then there are problems with battlefield. It's ridiculous.

T
Taras Ukropenko 28.12.21

In short, I turned off the parking of processor cores and, while connecting to the server, gave high priority to the bf4.exe process. After that, I played a full round in the "Flood Zone" on a full server with 64 players. The whole game went smoothly, but I won't judge one round on one map. This afternoon I will test it more thoroughly and after that I will unsubscribe in this thread.

M
Mewel 28.12.21

Here are two reasons why you have friezes.
Dice officially said that for the absence of friezes, you need Windows 8 or 8.1.
And little memory.
4GB - need 8GB
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

C
Cryptor 28.12.21

You can put the game on ssd, it should help.

M
Man01 28.12.21

Put yourself another 4 GB board, and there will be no friezes.

G
Genocide 28.12.21

Taras Ukropenko
4 GB is enough for a single, but not for a cartoon, especially when there are large cards. Checked.

a
axaxaxaxa 28.12.21

I have 4 gigabytes of RAM, I tell you for sure that all cards (except for small ones) will have lags.

m
misterjava 28.12.21

I had 4GB of RAM, it was only possible to play on "Operation Locked" or "Metro 2012"
I put 8 GB of freezes, I disappeared playing on all cards)
And the single went to 4GB with Ultra settings

p
pahasuper 28.12.21

8 GB of RAM friezes were due to the swap file that was transferred to another screw now, after the file was restored to the standard location, the friezes have disappeared for three days already! By the way, the maximum consumption of the ram at ultra settings has never exceeded 6GB 300 MB.