3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FedulGOR 28.12.21 11:30 pm

Which processor should you choose for gaming?

Which processor should you choose for gaming with the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970?
Processor AMD FX-8350 OEM
Processor AMD FX-9370 OEM
Processor Intel Core i5-3570 3.4 Ghz
Processor Intel Core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz
Processor Intel Core i5-4690K
8 Comments
Sort by:
I
Ilya Lyapin 28.12.21

fedul1234

M
Mikhail Kozinsky 28.12.21

What's stopping you from reading the tests? Of the i5, 3440 is enough, the norm is 3570 (for overclocking from "K", although the percentage goes up to 4.3GHz under full load), if the budget is normal, then 4690 and higher. I don’t know about amd, because I’m not interested in them.

F
FedulGOR 28.12.21

Mikhail Kozinsky
Well, I need it for maximum graphics settings in games such as The Witcher 3, Assasins creed unity, dragon age 3, etc.

N
NorthernSky 28.12.21

fedul1234
If there are no questions about funds, then Intel. 4690 - the most pulp will be. Fast / cold / expensive.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.21

Without K, in my opinion, it is not particularly needed only if you resort to overclocking on the bus,
such a CPU can be installed without far-reaching upgrade prospects,
on the other hand, the 970 will not be a bottleneck only with fx 8350 if without overclocking the
processor is rarely a bottleneck in games. of the listed, the most processor-nimble ac-unit and there i5 4670 according to the gamegpu in isolation in the absolute for max pulls in the region of 70fps and the zhyfors 970 in 2e less

M

MunchkiN 616
3570 is still problematic to score, I have not seen toys that scored 100%, my maximum at the moment is 89%, but given that the maximum frequency rises automatically, albeit to not special heights, but the percentage will last another 5 years without problems, but in general you can sit on it for 8 years, especially if there is no special leap. Therefore, if the budget is small, then 3570 even without k is enough, and if the budget allows, then at least 3570K-4690K, and at best, something from the i7 line. And to invest especially heavily in percentages, hoping that everything will fly at maximum speed - it's stupid, 970, for maximum speeds with 60 frames for all games is not enough, here you need to take something like 980TI.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.12.21

Mikhail Kozinsky,
according to my research, those who have i5 2xxx-3xxx and if a cross or one modern powerful card complain about micro-freezes when turning the camera, etc., the problem is not so much in loading. under the ceiling, it can not be loaded, but in insufficient bandwidth and not having time to unwind the cache and 1-multi-thread of the phyzix type where there are many threads in succession. the same is for i3, but I have not seen them with top cards. only overclocking or thread virtualization can help here.
at fx already in its not micro and macro friezes, if its frequency is low, it simply does not have time because of the long pipeline.

I myself, however, rarely received similar situations. This was in a couple of games where overclocking on the bus helped but the frequency did not. but it is worth noting that the CPU performance itself was not enough for me

M

MunchkiN 616
Stop, who said that he has a crossfire or SLI? Right! Nobody. And this is nonsense, on account of the fact that friezes and so on. The i5-3570K is better than the i5-4690 in performance and is ~ equal in performance to the i5-4690K.
i3 won't pull a 960 level video card even. Equating the i3 to the i5 line is idiocy, this is a completely different architecture and the performance of 4 cores with 4-6 threads will be higher than that of 2 cores with 2-4 threads, in this case, even regardless of the core frequency.