3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BLADuMuP 28.12.21 11:42 pm

Sandstorms - Fast Way to Scrap (Mad Max)

Good day! I will share my observations and want to know your methods of collecting scrap. In the game, when the first sandstorm began, there was a warning to either wait it out or go into the storm and earn a lot of scrap. I, of course, chose the latter =) There was a strong wind and poor visibility. On the map, icons moving around the map began to appear (a spiked yellow circle) These are boxes with a crowbar. You need to catch them with a harpoon and drag them by a car. After catching it, you need to break it. It turned out to be broken in several ways. Turn the car around and accelerate directly onto the crate, or choose a shotgun and shoot at the crate. I like the second way, because the car can be missed or not hit so hard that it crashes. The broken box turns into 3 parts, which give 100 scrap each. How much you can gain depends on your ability to handle a car and a weapon =)
And now the nuances of storms:
1. Storms are different in strength. In some there is only a strong wind, in others lightning is added, which robustly break the car and Max's health.
2. Opponents do not disappear anywhere in a storm, they also ride there and can annoy you a lot when collecting boxes.
3. To get all the collected scrap, Max must survive the storm, if he dies, the scrap is not counted.

During the storm, it turned out to collect 1500-2000 scrap.

ps I'm interested in the question: in the fortress you can build a piece that, when the game is turned off, will automatically collect scrap. It says that internet is required. Do you need to turn on the computer with the game installed, or is it enough to turn on the steam on the phone?
13 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pecesenkin 28.12.21

It says that internet is required. Do you need to turn on the computer with the game installed, or is it enough to turn on the steam on the phone? Probably enough that the Internet would just be active, but I'm not sure.

D
Denixz 28.12.21

If I understand correctly, the Internet is needed to pick up the scrap. That is, the game most likely checks the time on the Internet, so as not to cheat with the translation of the date on the computer

p
propeller-faust 28.12.21

Active Internet + installed game in incentive, as I understand it. But in general, I didn't bother with this thing, because it was always more interesting for me to loot the scrap myself. Once I found a cave, I don't remember exactly, but to mine on the Colossus with 700 scrap like this for a sweet soul. Max said that it was to see someone's shrine). The game has a very atmospheric world and it is interesting to climb into every crack

B
BLADuMuP 28.12.21

propeller-faust
I don’t deny it, I also like to travel around the world to take away collect scrap. But it gets hard when the parts for a car cost 1400+. They
still give normal scrap when scrap cars come across in camps or on the road. They need to get to the base and then they will give 300-500 scrap somewhere, I don't remember exactly. By the way, did anyone pump the base completely? I have all the devices in Jita (and almost in the second). Only I can't get scrap for pumping the base (1500 scrap is needed), tk. have to spend on Max and the car.

P
Pasitiv 28.12.21

A quick way to get crowded or die. Checked.

s
serega2829 28.12.21

I did it differently, rode around the boxes, as the storm dies down, you can safely break them and collect scrap!

B
BLADuMuP 28.12.21

Pasitiv
Well, I don’t know ... Of all the storms that I got into, I died 2-3 times, and visited 7-10 times.
serega2829
I agree, or ride next, but there is a chance that lightning can kill. Either wait in a building or somewhere else where you can hide from the wind, lightning and flying debris, if the boxes are stuck on the map (they often get stuck in the rocks) and do not move.
ps Example. Went on a mission in the Dunes, climbed into a cache, a storm began. I decided to wait it out and happiness - 3 boxes were stuck nearby.
Screenshots

P
Pasitiv 28.12.21

BLADuMuP
This is definitely a profitable activity, but only if you have pumped Max well, and the car too. At first, I died five times due to poor pumping. Now, however, I am already calmly collecting scrap without any fear. By the way, the truth is better to wait out the storm somewhere. There will always be at least three boxes nearby, which you can pick up later.

D
Denixz 28.12.21

In most cases, after collecting three boxes, three more appear, so waiting is not profitable. Once I just died in a storm, and then I just got carried away by hunting for a box and almost without hp got out under the convoy, which safely knocked me down and crossed over. Three boxes with a full pumping of "Detail" give out 1350 scrap, 6 boxes, respectively 2700. At the beginning and in the middle of the game, I simply prayed for a storm =) Now I have already entered the stage when scrap began to accumulate almost meaninglessly ...

B
Bard Buttercup 28.12.21

Denixz It is
more profitable to patrol the territory for scrap trucks, you can quickly find a couple, squeeze them out and drive them to the fortress than the next storm will come. And the benefits are the same and there is more fun.

D
Denixz 28.12.21

Bard Buttercup
Not more profitable. Patrolling the territory is time wasted no matter what. It's easier to go about your business and enjoy the storm that has come. The ideal scheme, in my opinion, and if anyone is interested, we catch up with the box, catch it with a harpoon, drive up into a tight one (we DO NOT unhook the harpoon), get up so that the car closes the box from the wind, go out and break it from the shotgun, the car protects you from all flying crap and you calmly collect scrap, 450 from the box. The largest I have managed to collect 6 boxes so far, and this, as I wrote above, is 2700 scrap with a full pumping of detail. Now compare the elapsed time, one storm or the search / patrol of 5.5 scrap haulage vehicles. By the way, in 58 hours of play, 7-8 of these machines were caught, but I have already survived 15-20 storms. Perfect storms, by the way, in the sandy wasteland, where the airport is still, I don't remember the name of the area itself,

D
Denixz 28.12.21

By the way, the most convenient way to brake a car with a crowbar is to pry out any front wheel with a harpoon, after that it drives as if nothing had happened, but it's hard without a rear wheel.

B
Bard Buttercup 28.12.21

Denixz
Well hz, who likes what. The fact of the matter is that you just met scrap trucks and did not work with emphasis on them. I think the trough at the wrinkle is still too weak for storms, I drove into the storm twice, it rumbled, banged, shook, I saw, it was already burning. Threw this business until better times. But I have a lot of experience with scrap trucks. Storms arrive after approximately 3 in-game hours. If you do not travel around one location but go around several at once, then the chance to squeeze the scrap truck increases significantly. Plus, I also noted such a thing, scrap trucks often just stand in secluded places on various small road junctions. If you drive up with noise and action, then they begin to dump, and if you carefully stealth, you can take the carrier out of the sniper rifle and press the scrap truck quietly. For the same 3 hours it is quite possible to take away 4 scrap trucks. But only if you act in several locations at once, not to be distracted by anything else. Of course it can get boring, but I like it so far. Well, before the storms, I just did not grow up to see, even though I played almost 60 hours.