3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Krrrva 28.12.21 11:42 pm

Are there missions taken from books? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

For example, a mission where a rogue keeps a forktail cub in a cage and passed it off as a basilisk or a wyvern, I don't remember exactly, then Geralt unmasked him in front of people, the cage breaks and the monster crawls out. exactly the same story was in the books but it all happened to Ciri on the market when she and Ian went to the Vivaldi bank. it's not even a mission to call just a random event, but I almost shed a tear from the memory)) well, maybe at least there are books in 3 parts about the Persians from the books of Sapkowski? found only a small interview about Regis
23 Comments
Sort by:
N
NPhysicist 28.12.21

In the village of Yantra, north of Novigrad, there is a quest called "Little Red Riding Hood", clearly inspired by the story "Lesser Evil" about Renfri. Not exactly, but you can feel where the wind is blowing) One of the best sidequests in the game, as for me)

And since there are dozens of references to books, you can't mention everything) The book "Elven Monuments", written by Istredd from Aedd Ginvael, brought me the most. , with an epigraph dedicated to Ian - such a very small, but very valuable Easter egg)

N
Norman bates 28.12.21

The last wish is the same. Refrence towards the story of the same name from the book of the same name, there is even a gin, only the desire this time is absolutely opposite. And there is a book, The Last Wish, written by Buttercup.

Rusik
Ciri and Yen were then in Gors Velen, and not in Novigrad. Ian drove Ciri to Arethusa on Tanned.

K
Krrrva 28.12.21

Norman Bates
Yes, I also found books about gin and how Geralt met Jenn, also about a gang of rats. but most of all I would like about Milva, Angouleme or about Nilf Cahir, but it is unlikely that the game has at least a line about them

d
diablo_7_13 28.12.21

Rusik Kahir
is on the playing card

L
Laurenande 28.12.21

Yes

i
icebear2 28.12.21

Milva, Cahir and Regis on the maps are what surprised me. In Novigrad, a letter from Alvin is what inspired. And so many moments were inserted from books, which may not be good. Especially the lines "Once upon a time I was made knights in the battle on the bridge" on the plot when you are looking for the youngest bastard. Or from the first book, Geralt recalls how he got into a rat in the dark, but no one noticed. Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White (ciri) and the dwarfs even the phrase "don't call me begins", a sword in a stone from a camelot, even a statue with a skull from Shakespeare. In short, the Witcher is almost everything that we have read and everything that we love so much, therefore this game is a masterpiece.

S
Sergey1992 28.12.21

if someone else has not read the book, then do not open the spoiler
Spoiler I was most touched by the moment with the dreamer, when Geralt recalled his death

K
Krrrva 28.12.21

icebear2
Yes, in 3 parts they took a lot from books, which is why the game turned out to be simply masterpiece, which cannot be said about the first and second parts. the first is good as a game, very atmospheric and many interesting quests, but as an alternative continuation of the books, not very much, there is not even a mention of Yennefer and Ciri and we are forced to chase some kind of salamanders. I heard about Ciri only once in a tavern, someone told me about her that she was a child of surprise and that was all

i
icebear2 28.12.21

Rusik
In the dark water, the innkeeper fully told all the books about how Geralt was looking for Ciri and that in the end he died and Ciri went to other worlds. It was especially interesting when you re-read the books - the first mention of the adopted daughter.

K
Krrrva 28.12.21

icebear2
I don’t know this, I’m talking about the innkeeper in the temple quarter in Vizima. but it doesn't matter, the plot is not the same without Yen and Ciri

i
icebear2 28.12.21

Rusik
Yes, you imagine how my brother and I went nuts when in the 3rd witcher they returned Ciri just tin, after all the campaigns for the salamanders or the killer of kings, they suddenly return his daughter, and the dialogues there are such that all the other toys are lying.

A
AiSPQR 28.12.21

the game was created based on books, and the fact that there are no quests "exactly like" from the books makes it even better. Although it may be in some kind of DLS, someday, something will be added.
PS: but I still want to continue the banquet))))

i
icebear2 28.12.21

While the developers say that they have a lot of ideas after 2 big additions, maybe something interesting and there will be a lot of time until 2017.

S
SecondMate 28.12.21

NPhysicist
Where can I get it?

S
SecondMate 28.12.21

Sergey 1992
Is this a spoiler? The death of Geralt is mentioned at the beginning of the 1st game.

N
NPhysicist 28.12.21

SecondMate
Book? Well, either randomly in some box, or at least randomly buy from some merchant

A
AiSPQR 28.12.21

icebear2
what will happen in 2017?

C
CRASHBULLET 28.12.21

So the events of the book took place even before the events of the first part))

Spoiler

C
CRASHBULLET 28.12.21

AiSPQR

Cyberpunk 2077, things like an Easter egg with Ciri foreshadow the appearance of Ciri herself in Cyberpunk 2077, it will be just an atomic burst of the brain)

A
AiSPQR 28.12.21

CRASBULLET
Well, according to books, she staggered around the worlds / dimensions. Poles ska cunning, I look))) they want the witcher's audience to offer to buy their new project)) sensibly thought up, you will not say anything