3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Guzno752 03.01.22 09:50 pm

Freezes in games.

My pc, rayzen 5 3500x, gtx 1660, 16gb ram r9 radeon, 500gb SSD. But I have a large latency of 77.2. I don't know what to do, if someone knows the solution to the problem, please help 🙏🙏🙏
44 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 09.01.22

Guzno752
Guzno752 wrote:
... latency 77.2 ...
https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/ram/
Read the topics, and if it's still not clear, create your own there - more experienced users can help with the settings ...

G
Guzno752 09.01.22

SonyK_2
Yes, my timings seem to be normal, 16-18-18-39 is an XMP profile. Or are the timings not very good?

D
Deshang 09.01.22

Guzno752
And what exactly is the problem? In the name of the friezes of the games, in the description of the lanetsi of memory.
Do at least monitor via afterburner + rtss to see system load and temperatures.
In general, the memory from the Radeon is probably the worst thing you could buy. Is it at least at 3200+?

G
Guzno752 09.01.22

Deshang
Yes

G
Guzno752 09.01.22

Deshang
Temperature is normal, in RDR 2 the card is 70 degrees and the processor is 50 degrees, the card is loaded by 99% and the processor is at 56% A and I overclocked the card

M
Masky76 09.01.22

Guzno752
Any acceleration, get ready for surprises

G
Guzno752 09.01.22

Masky76
well, I overclocked the video card quite a bit
, did not touch the processor at all

D
Deshang 09.01.22

Guzno752
So you describe at least the problem normally, what exactly is going on with you?

E
Evil in the flеsh 09.01.22

Another incomprehensible topic. The author seems to be asking for help, but there is no complete data for finding a solution. He writes about freezes, but not a single video with graphs and gameplay data is provided.

P
Pavel rally 09.01.22

Guzno752
Do not be surprised at freezes at 99% load, you can forcibly limit fps to 60 and set low graphics settings, the load will decrease and the freezes should disappear.

E
Evil in the flеsh 09.01.22

Pavel Rally
So he didn't even write in what games, and you immediately tell him to set low settings. And why should there be brakes at 99% -100% load? I did not notice this at myself.

P
Pavel rally 09.01.22

Evil in the flash
This is necessary to understand the problem in the load or not, you also need to find out about the consumption of video memory, maybe it exceeds the available one.

D
Deshang 09.01.22

Pavel Rally
Even if the video buffer is full on Turing paired with ssd and normal ddr4, there will be no freezes. I know from my 1660.
At first glance, there are two options here:
1. Unstable memory operation, which preserves the overall stability of the system. It is very likely, because there are a lot of negative reviews on the radeons, both for stability and for marriage from the factory. In this case, as an option - disable the xmp-profile and check on the drain.
2. Third-party programs and system settings. Here you can literally go through everything.

D
Deshang 09.01.22

Guzno752
There are no problems on the chart. If you cannot show there, then at least describe what situations arise.

P
Pavel rally 09.01.22

Guzno752
The load has not changed, so as not to walk in circles, do as I said.

G
Guzno752 09.01.22

Deshang
well, just friezes, jams, etc.

G
Guzno752 09.01.22

Pavel Rally,
maybe I just don't understand, maybe this is normal performance?

D
Deshang 09.01.22

Guzno752
Okay, good. Play with this monitoring and catch the moment of some kind of trick. Pay attention to the time bar of the frame immediately below the FPS - one or several vertical "bursts" should appear on it. And if you notice any other changes in the monitoring, it will be good.
And try to notice, maybe the friezes happen at some specific moments?

G
Guzno752 09.01.22

Deshang
yes, let's say when I just entered the game, or a new lock, etc.

S
SonyK_2 09.01.22

Guzno752
Guzno752 wrote:
... when I just entered the game, or a new lock, etc.
At these moments, data loading may occur - because of this, there may be "freezes". Record a video by the bureaucrat himself from the "problematic" moment, upload it to video hosting (for example, YouTube) and insert the link here. On the video, it is desirable that you can see not only the total load on the CPU, but also for individual cores / threads - perhaps the problem is not in the memory, but in the uneven load on it. The more data the better.
Example: