3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VakaVR87Gera 03.01.22 10:32 pm

Freezes and FPS drops (Fallout 76)

People, such a question. I bought the game, the system does not ah, but it should be played comfortably (GTX 1060 6gb, 16 RAM, FX 8350, installed on an SSD disk) But after leaving the shelter I experienced pain when the FPS from stable 60 drops sharply to 10 - 14, by 2 - 3 sec. The situation is deplorable, since, as it were, the settings did not change the same thing, I was also poking around in the game and did not help. It is not possible to play. On the forums, I realized that many had such a problem at the start of the game. If anyone has solved this problem, tell me how. Thank you.
11 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartonkratos 03.01.22

VakaVR87Gera
This optimization is very rare for me, but FPS drops slip, the processor is 40% loaded and the video card is even less, the ryzen 7 2700x 16gb ram rtx 2070 super system and costs also on ssd

F
Fox534 03.01.22

VakaVR87Gera
In this game, everything depends on the processor, the GTX 970 4 GB stated in the recommended requirements, paired with a good stone, copes with the open world of the game at ultra settings without any problems. My card is a little older than in the video (980), but the percentage is the same as yours, RAM 32 SSD. And unfortunately, this assembly does not work in the open world, while it does in closed locations without problems.
Spoiler

K
Kartonkratos 03.01.22

Fox534
Well, maybe his processor can't cope, but it's impossible to deny that there are problems with optimization in the game, but the FPS is high but enrages when the drop occurs at an inappropriate moment, but it's good that this happens very rarely but aptly.

F
Fox534 03.01.22

Kartonkratos
Yes, I did not deny it. In general, I have a short acquaintance with this game, so that I would argue about something in more detail. I took it at a discount, installed it, went out into the open world, realized that the game bent my processor, ocher, that is, I was very surprised, because the four just flew, also with Reshad, ran for a couple of hours and took it down. Everything.

V
VakaVR87Gera 03.01.22

Fox534
Sorry and unexpected. Before that, all games ran perfectly and almost all of them had no problems. And here, probably, the acquaintance will be the same as yours :) I will suffer a little more, I'll try to dance with a tambourine at least something and if it doesn't work out I'll delete it.

K
Kartonkratos 03.01.22

VakaVR87Gera
And by the way, I found a video in a dude, the system is much weaker than yours, and he has such strong FPS drops as you have.

F
Fox534 03.01.22

VakaVR87Gera
There are videos where people, through these dances with a tambourine (editing the game files manually), achieve an increase in FPS, but at the same time they kill the quality of the picture and sacrifice the drawing range. This option does not suit me, try it, maybe you will be okay.

V
VakaVR87Gera 03.01.22

Fox534 The
funny thing is that no matter how I lower the settings, even in the configs I was poking around on the basis of different vidos, there is no effect, everything is the same. Loading - very fast by the way, 20 seconds the game is normal, everything is super and then these FPS drawdowns begin. This is the first time I see this :(

V
VakaVR87Gera 03.01.22

Kartonkratos
It hurts that even at ultra minimal salaries, even at ultra, FPS is always the same and equally sags from stable 60 to 10 - 14 :)

K
Kartonkratos 03.01.22

VakaVR87Gera
And by the way, about monitor the entire system during the game, see if the problem is overheating of the components of the processor or video card, and overheating of the frequency is simply thrown, and drawdowns can occur for this!

S
SonyK_2 03.01.22

VakaVR87Gera
VakaVR87Gera wrote:
... FPS from stable 60 drops sharply to 10 - 14, by 2 - 3 seconds.
I noticed something like that in myself, but since I played with Afterburner turned on, I noticed that at such moments the load on the CPU increases - apparently the data is being loaded.
Spoiler