3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
arnsk 03.01.22 10:32 pm

Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller windows 7

This question is whether I can connect Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller to window 7 (x64) via cable or do I have to have windows 10?
2 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 03.01.22

arnsk
arnsk wrote:
... can i connect Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller on window 7 (x64) ...?
From which Xbox?
The Xbox 360 controller works on 7-ke, it is enough to install the Xbox 360 Accessory 1.2 in advance ...
Spoiler
..., or connect it before installing the OS - you must install the driver itself. I have been using wired since 2008 - there were no problems.
The Xbox One controller also works on a 7-ke (I did not buy a "whistle" for wireless connection via a wire), but in order to install the driver (on the screen on the right), you need some kind of update installed in the OS. When the first time I installed this, there were a lot of updates installed - it was installed without problems. After reinstalling Windows, I did not install most of them (and disabled the updates) - the driver does not want to be installed normally, I had to use the one on the screen in the middle.
If the controller is from new consoles (Xbox Series X / S) - I don't know. In theory, 10 can automatically determine the type of controller (at least if it is real from small ones) and install the drivers itself. I did not try to connect controllers on my own, maybe someone who has used this OS will tell me more accurately for longer.

y
yuriko1158 03.01.22

arnsk
through the wire there is a high chance of connection. but on take out 7 you need to install the driver yourself.
but the actual questions are:
what prevents you from checking?
while there is no pad and doubts arose?
it seems that there are already drivers for the pad on take out 10. at least I didn’t look for it and the pad was connected automatically. what was on the wire, what was on bluetooth ...