3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Outlaster 03.01.22 10:50 pm

FPS drawdowns up to 35 frames near the arena when there is a lot of crowd (Far Cry 4)

Hi, on a system with ryzen 5 1600 stock / RX 570 / Win 10 pro - FPS drawdowns at any settings up to 35 near the Shanat arena it seems that there is a crowd near the entrance ... strange, it seems that the system is not weak, and even at the lowest rates there are such drawdowns .. which link in the system is to blame? All the latest drivers and updates, I tried a lot of repacks - everything is the same everywhere!
7 Comments
Sort by:
B
Be3yH4eG 03.01.22

Outlaster
At one time I was worn out with this game and its drawdowns. As soon as I did not set it up. I twisted everything to max and limited it to 30 fps. I took the gamepad in my hands and went on.

O
Outlaster 03.01.22

Be3yH4eG
Why drawdowns, amd to blame or is the game like that?

S
SonyK_2 03.01.22

Outlaster
Outlaster wrote:
... near Shanat arena it seems there is a crowd ... why are there drawdowns ....?
Perhaps because of ...
... ryzen 5 1600 ...
If there is a "crowd" in the scene, i.e. a large number of objects on the screen, the load on the processor may increase, due to the fact that it is necessary to calculate their interaction in one frame (physics, etc.). Have you monitored CPU load (including all cores / threads) at this location (MSI Afterburner, etc.)?
Examples:

G
GIBAY 03.01.22

Because the Far Cry engine cannot normally be multithreaded. On maize in all games of the series there are drawdowns in places difficult for the processor, at the Ryzen 1600af itself in overclocking and in the starting village in FC4 I get drawdowns of up to 45 fps, nothing can be done about this, powerful cores are needed.

O
Outlaster 03.01.22

GIBAY
That is, he was stupid that he took Amude? It was necessary to take ay5 9400, it would be better to take it out?

S
SonyK_2 03.01.22

Outlaster
Outlaster wrote:
... was a fool to take amude?
It's not about AMD, but about the development of optimizing their games. If they do it normally, it will work on different hardware, but yes - Intel usually has better single-threaded performance, in games where there is no normal multithreading support, due to this, it is "taken out" better. To exaggerate: on a 4-core CPU with a frequency of 5 GHz, a game that is not optimized for multithreading will "feel" better than on an 8-core 3 GHz.
... I should have taken ay5 9400 ...
You can't tell right away - you need to know for what tasks the computer is taken. If primarily for games - maybe yes (if the price suits). And if at first for work (in some applications, AMD processors showed themselves better), and then for games, perhaps it would be better to take a more productive Reisen.

B
Black future 03.01.22

On my i7 4790k, everything was fine in this game.