3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Last Engineer 03.01.22 10:50 pm

Leg games

How do you feel about legs in games? Many games, even high-budget games, lack lower limbs, and I get the impression that this is done to please the players (like everything else in games for our sake). But this situation does not suit me at all. The essence of the problem will be settled if you answer the following questions:

1. How do you feel about games with legs, do you attach importance to this factor?
2. What, in your opinion, are the reasons that very few of these games are released
3. What kind of foot games do you know?
13 Comments
Sort by:
U
ULTR19 03.01.22

Games with legs

On sabzh:
1. When legs are visible it is, of course, better. But I don't get too hung up if they don't exist.
2. Developed - stupid fat idiots who are too lazy to make a complete character model.
3. Mirror's Edge, all Crysis games.

806653790809545634 03.01.22

It is more pleasant for me to play games without legs. There was never a desire to stare down and look at your own limbs, plus in most cases it looks crooked and certainly does not work for the atmosphere as originally intended.

L
Last Engineer 03.01.22

As you can see, kicking games are always of high quality - Mirror's Edge and Crysis are cult, each in its own way.

R
Rikudo Nagashi 03.01.22

I don `t care. That there are legs, that there are none - there is absolutely no difference. If the game is UG - even her legs on the screen will not save her.

M
Mindless self indulgence 03.01.22

It seems to me that all this is done so that, first of all, in multiplayer it is more convenient to play, for example, stand on the edge of a roof and look down at the enemy. Or alone so as not to miss something while looking at the floor. Or when jumping over an obstacle, so that the view is not obstructed. Well, there are no more assumptions why they do this.

L
Last Engineer 03.01.22

On the contrary, it is easier to feel the character when there are legs. In Mirrors Edge, for example, when jumping over long distances, I was guided by the legs where Faith is: at the edge of the beam or closer to the middle. An extra step - fell, a step fell short - a meter did not jump.

M
Maickle fort 03.01.22

Usually when there are legs, then a limited angle of view. That is, you cannot look vertically upward. Sometimes it is annoying, we are playing a game, not a life simulator.

L
Last Engineer 03.01.22

I understand everything is against the legs?

R
RussianQuaker 03.01.22

Yes, they stink, those legs of yours :)

P
PiroTehniK228 03.01.22

well, I remember Sniper Ghost Warrior, only the first and third in the second are not present and also Call of duty black ops 3 - 4 - 5
crysis and then I don’t remember))

k
kurskiy 03.01.22

Somehow I don’t care, I don’t look at the legs in games, but the lack of hands in many indie games (objects "flying in the air" in front of the camera, and not clutched in the palm of your hand) - yes, a little annoying.

M
MunchkiN 616 03.01.22

better when they are than when they are. it will also matter in games with shadows and with the positioning of shadows from the character, because if you can look down, then there should be a shadow from somewhere growing. therefore, the future belongs to the games with shadows and feet.

the reason is simple - it is an imperfect system of physics and interaction with the world. in games with hands, the problem of leaking hands and objects in other characters and all sorts of walls is usually bypassed either by rendering into a separate layer or by rendering that excludes the intersection of objects. I remember the most trash was in anabiosis sleep of the mind when the hand reaches for the deceased and if you come close, it will stretch over one space and by fow the head will be the head of the deceased and will be about half a meter relative to the hand. in sruzis, too, not exactly how this case is positioned, including the legs. in the 3rd at least it was quite noticeable sometimes.
the next very serious philosophical problem is camera shake, parasitic shaking of the body animation, the position of the character in the mine and real space of the scene. the fact is that the character will either wiggle and the player will be rocked, or the character in reality will run as if he had swallowed a stick. and all sorts of strange funny things in the shadows will do as in cyberpunk 2077 and in sruzis 2 and batelfield all sorts of bugs in multiplayer in stretching heads and hands .. illusory geometry of the player, the bullet should whistle past near the ear. therefore, in games where you run in someone's head, the legs usually do not run, and the hands live their lives there and the weapon is not worn on the belt, but always in front of the face. that's the problem of outdated game mechanics conventions mostly. so that the player stands out with what he is trying to kill with a machine gun or a knife. instead of an interface where a knife and a timer of blows will be shown, such as clockwise as all sorts of spells for which it is not clear it has already been buffed, or in the process it is still or rollback is in progress.

and the games with legs are good, I know this dark messiah migst and majik and arks fatalis from those that I played. and there are not only legs but also whole pants and flesh runs and jumps with them. but I didn’t play in myros etge and probably also didn’t play in the recent one. this arane gamez pa loves to develop the theme of legs. and that bestsezda does not like softverks very much. saddens. even in postal and daggerfall legs flashed and bream gave and in Morrowind everything had already degraded and became like a jester.

but most of all I want a game where you can shoot yourself in the knee or heel if you aim and the character screamed jumped up and rolled on the 3d grass and became crumpled, and the player could not do anything about it and only had fun in a dream, then get sick and jumped from seasickness. And also so that it was possible to run after the naga, a long naga rode as the tank overcame obstacles, forced rivers and dunes of all kinds and could stretch upward and pick apples without levitation. but she could, with careless control, twist into a knot and harm her body in every possible way. I've been waiting for this game for 2 years.

V
VETER15 25.01.22

It’s easier for developers to have no arms or legs)