3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 05.01.22 01:17 am

Impressions of the full version of the game (Broken Age)

Broken Age: The Complete Adventure

When Kickstarter was not yet in vogue for independent developers, the developer of the cult classic adventure games Full Throttle and Grim Fandango - Tim Shafer, together with his studio Double Fine, decided to revive the genre of point-and-click adventure and went to Kickstarter with the Broken Age project, which in the beginning was simply called "Double Fine Adventure".
As a result, the game was released in two parts, but I was waiting for the full version called Broken Age: The Complete Adventure.
So what did Tim Schafer do?

First, let's talk about the advantages of the game, which it has enough. First of all, it is the "tube" visual style of the project, and secondly, it is an interesting division of stories and heroes at first glance that are completely unrelated to each other. In addition, Double Fine made exactly an adventure game in its original sense: we examine locations, solve puzzles, use objects. It is worth noting that the game is not difficult to play through and is intuitive. In terms of the plot, this is such a kind fairy tale that is suitable for any age.

Does the game have any downsides? As a PC player, I can tell you there is. First of all, this is a simplified interface, apparently, focused on tablets. Secondly, some boring locations towards the end of the game.

In general, we have before us a solid, light, exciting adventure game, which, although not a masterpiece and a revelation, deserves a high assessment.

9/10
0 Comments
Sort by: