3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hollo0w 05.01.22 01:17 am

SDK Source lighting problem (Half-Life 2)

Usually this happens due to a "leak", the so-called hole in nowhere, for example, you have a room of 4 walls, one of the walls does not dock with the other and then the whole map is highlighted, google how to deal with leaka'mi.
If this is not a leak, then it can be anything, compilers, or an editor's tuning curve, this rarely happens with the steam version, because everything is automatically configured there.
7 Comments
Sort by:
K
KroGod 05.01.22

H0llow
Okay, I'll try thanks.

C
Cvoxalury 05.01.22

In addition, if there are no lights on the level (light, light_environment, or light_dynamic objects), full lighting will be automatically turned on.

K
KroGod 05.01.22

Cvoxalury
I've already tried to insert and remove, the walls are butt to butt. I've been suffering for 2 days already (

K
KroGod 05.01.22

Cvoxalury
What sdk do you use?

C
Cvoxalury 05.01.22

KroGod
Licensed 2013, which is in steam steamapps common source sdk base 2013 singleplayer bin hammer.exe.

If all else fails, turn on the Cordon tool. The

right of the circled buttons allows you to set borders, the left one directly turns on / off the "cordon". This isolates the card 100% from "leaks".

K
KroGod 05.01.22

Cvoxalury
Fucking !!! I want children as smart from you))) Thank you very much, as you said by turning on the Cordon tool and it all worked! there is no light! dark as in the ass of a mammoth)))) Many thanks. !!

K
KroGod 05.01.22

Cvoxalury
hahaha I figured it out))) it was not in the Cordon tool)) it was just necessary to put the sun outside the room))) but thanks for the advice anyway!))