3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lissalia 05.01.22 01:42 am

Books based on films and computer games

Books based on films and computer games. The conversation will focus specifically on those works that were created after the release of the film or game. What do you think about it? Do they have the right to be called "real literature" or is it just a tribute to a popular creation and a way to capitalize on its fame?
8 Comments
Sort by:
T
The dumpling is kind 05.01.22

And the devil only knows. How many did not read, nothing impressed. And if on the contrary - a movie based on a book, then the books are credited as a rule.

l
lissalia 05.01.22

Dumpling is kind
What did you read, if not a secret?
I, too, prefer the opposite option, but perhaps I am mistaken and this is not just money cutting.

T

By dragon age, Icarus effect by deus ex, books on atsasin. According to the Mass effect, it seems to be nothing, but it still does not catch on. I think this is an additional collection of bobble.

R
Red_Sirius 05.01.22

A dumpling of kind
Let me get in too ...
I read books on Mass Effect. Yes, I agree, nothing seems to be reading. As a fan, it was interesting to learn more about the other heroes of the universe. I would not classify such books as "real literature", IMHO. It's, um, more like a printed DLC ...

G
Garrus-1994 05.01.22

I'd love to see books based on Planescape: Torment, or Masquerade of the Vampires. And so ... I have not read books based on games or films. And although not ... read some comic about Garrus in the ME universe. But as the user has already unsubscribed above, this should not be regarded as "real literature".

T

Garrus-1994
I will answer poorly. I read individual stories from the White Wolf books, there were few, but interesting.

P
Pecos_Bill 05.01.22

As you know, the primary source is always better. When they shoot a movie / make a game based on a book, the book stays better. Likewise, a book on a movie / game will not be like a movie / game. I know the STALKER series of books on the well-known game. So there, as I was told (I did not read it myself) in all the books the plots are similar and there is something that happened before, but the game remains better, because the original source.

T
TTG 05.01.22

A very rotten combination.
If you write about games, then only about cRPG. You can also roll some surrealism based on Limbo, or a fairy tale in the spirit of Ori and the Blind Forest.