3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Marquess 05.01.22 01:42 am

What is your attitude to the \ "The Witcher \" series of novels?

I will say that this is my favorite episode. It is written excellently, evokes emotions, colorful characters and an amazing atmosphere. They would study such books at school ... I don't understand why Sapkovsky is popular only in narrow circles ...
9 Comments
Sort by:
T
TFS0047 05.01.22

I read all seven books in one breath in a month, especially considering that before that I had not taken any books at all. The unpopularity is due to the fact that these books are endowed with a more Slavic and understandable mentality than the same Harry rubbed, who specifically tried to reach as many different readers as possible around the world. and the fact that books are not for school age, I think it is not necessary to say

M
Marquess 05.01.22

TFS0047

I have a friend who hates all this fiercely. In the sense of fantasy. When we passed the Master and Margarita (This is not entirely fantasy, but there is some of it), he did not read it, referring to the depraved Black Mass. Although myself, I read completely 50 shades of gray. In general, he hates science fiction and for some reason it annoys me. I understand that everyone has their own opinion, but I am strained by his dismissive attitude towards fantasy books. He has the same nonsense with films. If fiction is nonsense ... Here's how to explain to him that this is not so ...

r
requiemmm 05.01.22

I read something, but without much desire. I got to him too late, it was no longer good.
As for those who hate fantasy, there is such a thing as Stashef's books. This is just such a fantasy that everyone reads, because it is very simply written, with a bunch of laughs and a lot of it, you have time to gorge yourself. An ideal book for killing time, you can start with "The Magician at the Court of Her Majesty" and then go through the cycle, then there was the same cycle about the Sorcerer, also quite long. Also, Gromyko has a cycle about a witch, also a solid boogaga, only a little shorter. Asprin with his MYTH. Normal phages do not take assumptions and allegories well, but they tolerate good-natured blunt humor very well. If they are capable of reading long texts, of course, otherwise there are highly intelligent connoisseurs of air fresheners and shaving foam. Although your friend may prefer the stories about the battles of the OCHR and sentient slugs, who knows.

M
Mage Hermit 05.01.22

Sapkowski rules.

T
Toxa95 05.01.22

I read three books, and then it all seemed wild sadness ...

-
-Kerten- 05.01.22

* shrugged *
It's like a time killer. But, I would prefer that everyone reads exclusively because of the lesbian prone.

E
Evpatiy the Furious 05.01.22

What lesbians, what nonsense.
Books about the witcher are not for jerks reading Garik Loss and similar crap ...

P
Pecos_Bill 05.01.22

I immediately read seven books. The impressions of the books are good. Firstly, the plot is interesting and secondly, the dialogues are written simply and vitally without that pathos that is in most fantasy and it delivers. Although the last book seemed to me too long, I read all of them quickly. Then I also read The Season of Storms, which was recently released, and on this occasion the impressions are twofold. On the one hand, like Geralt's interesting adventures, but separately, and on the other hand, they all together make some kind of crumpled mess. But, all the same, I liked the book, although it does not reach the main line of books about the witcher.
Now I am reading The Road to No Return - this is the prehistory of the books about the witcher, telling about Geralt's mother. When I read it, I can unsubscribe.

s
scratchj 05.01.22

The Geralt of Rivia series is the best fantasy book I've ever read. Neither Lord of the Rings nor Game of Thrones etc. not worth it next. For one simple reason - this is the realism of the world, with all its vices and positive sides. A detailed world, in which very often there is neither white nor black, but there are gray tones. Living characters, with adequate motivation, with interesting stories, interesting dialogues (where a villager does not speak the language of nobles and vice versa). Where the main character and other characters develop and change under the influence of circumstances, their views and attitudes change. What are the moral dilemmas of choosing the right side? Compared to this, most of the characters from books by other authors are cardboard dummies, one-sided and monochromatic, which mark time.

There is nothing to say about the Slavic flavor - it is close and understandable to us. The world from the Witcher books is very much in common with our culture, our mythology and fairy tales.
I re-read the entire series of books 2 times, after re-passing the 3rd Witcher (when all the dls arrive) I will read it again.