3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
A_REZ 05.01.22 02:42 am

Freezes for a few seconds (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello everyone. I will describe the essence of the problem, maybe someone found a solution to it. The game periodically freezes for a few seconds during which the load of the video card drops to 0%, and then returns to normal. My config: Intel Dual Core E8600,8 gb ram, GTX 560 256bit. The latest driver. I read a bunch of forums, but nothing helped.
8 Comments
Sort by:
z
zip3n 05.01.22

Power Supply-> Pci Express-> Link State Power Management-> Off

D
DStrifer 05.01.22

A_REZ
GTX 560 1024MB?

1. In the description for patch 1.08, it was said that they knew about this problem, and called it rare. And the fact that patch 1.08 solved it, if it's official.
2. On forums and trackers, people also wrote about this problem, and they explained about these microfreezes by the fact that this is a hard disk problem.

1948865 05.01.22

A_REZ
The processor and video card are weak ... The Witcher has problems with optimization (since patch 1.07), your problem cannot be solved programmatically. About power supply is all a waste of time, the comrade from above just described to you the setting, which should be turned off by default in the "High performance" mode.
The video card has nothing to do with it - it's all about the processor.

1948865 05.01.22

A_REZ Disable
cache in Nvidia setting, let the processor strain. Nvidia control panel / 3d options control / shader caching

D
DreamFAW 05.01.22

This is due to the dual-core processor, after patch 1.07 problems with freezes started)) I
disabled shader caching in the driver settings, it did not help .. I tried to demolish the game, put patch 1.03 and started a new game for the test - everything goes fine, without freezes. But of course I want to play with the latest patch, there are still a lot of changes there.
There are similar topics on the official forum of the game.

A
A_REZ 05.01.22

Yes, 1024 mb. On patch 1.06 everything went fine, but I want to play with the latest buns. Okay, we'll try further, thank you all. And by the way, the paradox, when the vertical sync is turned on, I personally increase fps and the game runs smoother.

R
Russellplay 05.01.22

how could it not fix the obvious jamb of patch 1.7 and transfer it to patch 1.8, the developers clearly relaxed.
(I would have rolled back to 1.6 for a long time, but saves on previous versions do not roll, it turns out again we have to wait now for 1.9!)

d
dmitriy.2015 05.01.22

If anyone solved the problem, unsubscribe pliz, I play and cry myself, fucking patches 1.07-1.08 = (
PS: Intel Dual Core E6850, 8 gb ram, Nvidia 745 OEM