3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Freiherr 06.01.22 10:31 pm

25 fps (Diablo 2)

How do I remove the 25 fps cap? It's not very pleasant to play with the brakes
34 Comments
Sort by:
g
g_n 06.01.22

what are the brakes?
25 frames per second is so smooth that it is difficult for a person to notice the difference between adjacent frames,

and also fps in d2 is not some kind of variable, but a rigidly set parameter of the engine of its "physics"
brakes are visible if the graphics on the client do not keep up with these 25 fps (for example, something around 10-15 or less)

C
Corrosion 06.01.22

This is not a shooter where a second of delay kills (at least not so significantly). In addition, FPS is not a ping. If the game slows down in the net, then it's certainly not FPS - the case is not the same.

g
g_n 06.01.22

a second of delay and even less can kill in some cases,
but 1 frame at 25 fps is only 0.04 seconds, which naturally does not kill (and in shooters too - hardly anyone has such a reaction, this is something near the limit of the speed of conscious perception of visual information )
and I repeat once again - in the game world d2, under no circumstances will time periods shorter than 1/25 of a second appear, therefore, drawing more often than 25 fps is just an extra CPU load

f
fredi77 06.01.22

about shooters, I bet that 0.04 seconds do not solve, they just decide I play with 60-90 fps in shooters

F
Freiherr 06.01.22

I agree with you, for Diablo 25 fps is enough, but yesterday I put Diablo for the first time in my life, as soon as I started it, I immediately saw the picture is not smooth with the naked eye, 25 of course is enough, but I think with a value of 40-50 it was more pleasant to watch and play 100 %.
Well, if you can't do this, then no, and there is no court

V
Virus_MD 06.01.22

25 fps is only in the menu, in the game 75 fps, frapsom checked

m
mad wolf 06.01.22

in the game 75 fps, frapsom checked
Fraps can draw anything you want, and the video card can redraw as often as you like - this does not make less than the sampling rate of the time in the game.

C
ChronoExp [unv] 06.01.22

if you type in the game on the server / fps
starts to display fps > 25, about 40-60-70

g
g_n 06.01.22

this is the speed of redrawing yes, but everything that is more than 25 simply clogs the time, changes in the game picture do not occur in less than 1/25 of a second

C
ChronoExp [unv] 06.01.22

And in any way it is impossible to do so that he does not draw too much? Or is it another minus pvpgn?

g
g_n 06.01.22

so d2 is done that after the previous frame, it immediately starts drawing a new one, even if it is the same (this applies to all tcp / ip and bnet games, that is, except for playing through the single player button),

in general, you can cut it to 25, I'll write later if necessary

C
ChronoExp [unv] 06.01.22

ok, I'm waiting.
And then today I trample my mules, and the processor occupies 100% of the load:
8 windows drawing 50-100 frames per second, as a result, the window that conducts mules is 0-3 frames per second (by the way, there was an idea in the task manager increase the priority of the window that you need, but there is no way to test yet. Can it help?)

ZY today, when the hamer had 0-5 fps in the window, he looked into the mule windows. there I saw so far the maximum value that I saw: about 300 fps

m
mad wolf 06.01.22

with mules it is simple - 7 windows are minimized, the eighth one takes the rest of the processor.
so that windows with mules eat less - start them up like this:
D2Loader.exe -sleepy -w -res800 -skiptobnet -ns -noplugin -title d2-xN

but how to teach the active window not to draw more than 25fps is very interesting, sometimes necessary.

g
g_n 06.01.22

for 25 fps d2client-25fps.rar

in general, what is drawn there and when is a difficult question
when replacing a file, updating frames will work more like a single player than usual

in a minimized window, by the way, frames on the counter that / fps does not go at all

C
ChronoExp [unv] 06.01.22

ATP for answers, now does not

lag at all)) zs. here I am lol: I opened all 8 windows with the -nohide mode: D

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 06.01.22

Where have you been before, especially mad wolf ((

m
mad wolf 06.01.22

yes, there were, I’m writing this line on this forum for the fourth time in the last year and a half ...
Multiling is more often discussed in the Classic section :)

C
Champion-HL 06.01.22

no, well, you are tired of pushing all kinds of blizzard here. Of course, 25 fps is very little for this game, when the picture moves, the eyes start to crawl out (((((. is there really no way to increase fps to 60 ??? , like the one that allows you to set any resolutions in the game? (It's not very pleasant to play 800x600 on a full-hd monitor ((((

C
ChronoExp [unv] 06.01.22

what if the game code is based on OnEnterFrame?

C
Champion-HL 06.01.22

And what does it mean?