3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DragonWar-Lettersplayer 06.01.22 11:32 pm

How do I enable all processor cores?

I have an intel core i5-750, it should have 4 cores and my computer only shows 2 cores. I've tried the msconfig settings, the bios settings, and everything is empty. Help me please.
22 Comments
Sort by:
B
BarackKamacho 06.01.22

the consistency in the task manager is not?

s
samurai75 06.01.22

My friend, do not steam your brains, you have two logical cores and two virtual ones, that's why the current logical cores will be visible tobish 2

E
Er0pka 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
where exactly does your computer show 2 cores?

A
Anomel Suna 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer press
Win + R and enter the msconfig command. Then you go to the Download tab - Additional parameters. Check the box "Number of processors" and select the number of processors - 4

A
Awesome drew 06.01.22

Calm down guy. In the task manager, it shows the maximum number of cores in the processor. If it shows 2 cores, then 2 cores!

B
Belomorkanal 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
The 750 has four physical cores, Windows must define them all in the device manager (not tasks, but devices) as four separate processors. If the device manager has identified only two processors, then most likely the problem lies in the BIOS settings.
For reference:
i5-6 ** - dual-core Hyper-Threading with four logical processors (if you disable Hyper-Threading, there will be two processors), one physical core processes 2 logical ones at once, so such a processor is defined as a four-core processor, which does not really add to its performance ...
i5-7 ** - quad-core without Hyper-Threading, that is, one physical core corresponds to one logical one.

D
DragonWar-Lettersplayer 06.01.22

BarackKamacho
AGA

samurai75
Then in msconfig 4 kernels

Er0pka
msconfig

Den Good
I wrote in detail that msconfig does not show 4 kernels, but only 2.

Curry30
In the har-ke they write that it has 4 kernels, and writes that it has 4 cores :)

Belomorkanal
Chet nifega did not understand :)

E
Er0pka 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
in msconfig in the "Download" tab "Advanced options" are all the checkboxes disabled? if not, turn off and restart the computer.
you can try first to check the box and select 2 kernels then save, reboot, uncheck the box again, save, and reboot again.

D

Er0pka
I tried it does not work

E
Er0pka 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
"does not work" in the sense that it does not help?
In BIOS, as I understand it, you have already tried to configure it and it did not help either?
then try to reset the BIOS settings to standard.

D

Er0pka
If I reset the BIOS settings to standard, the computer will not change?

u
upumeg95 06.01.22

DragonWar-Lettersplayer
no

E
Er0pka 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
as already written by upumeg95 will not have any consequences.

D

Er0pka
how to reset the settings?

B
Belomorkanal 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
How many processors (cores) does the device manager show?
Here is here

E
Er0pka 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
"If you have the opportunity to enter BIOS Setup, then you can set the factory settings using the Load Defaults BIOS item (the name may be different: Load BIOS Setup Defaults, Load Safe-Fail Defaults ...)."
in short, look for "Defaults".

D

Belomorkanal
Only 2 as you see

E
Egik81 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
and you can screen cpu-z. And please indicate the model of the motherboard.

B
Belomorkanal 06.01.22

DragonWar-Letsplayer
Means the other two are disabled at the hardware level. Resetting BIOS settings should help.

D

Egik tomorrow