3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
StrangeCry 06.01.22 11:50 pm

Strange books from merchants (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Some merchants sell notes and cards with an exclamation mark that reveal the location of the witcher's equipment, which is immediately added to the tasks. And some sell books - also with an exclamation mark, but without any effect after reading. There are no assignments, no marks on the map either. It turns out that the exclamation mark in these books seems to be out of topic, or maybe there is some catch that I did not understand, did not notice?
9 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eli 06.01.22

These are not marks, all this is a bestiary. Sometimes they even say look in the bestiary to find out about the monster.

O
Old_Nick 06.01.22

Are the books added to the quest items section? "Tristana and Isidore", "The Cult of Freya" and others?
If yes, then these are books for the character of the "Spirit of Freedom" quest on Skelig.
Something, 5-6 books, I don't remember the exact number / all the names, but the game is not at hand now

S
StrangeCry 06.01.22

Old_Nick
Yes, just these! Thank you, I will now know that you need to buy everything that is marked.

E
Evgen_82 06.01.22

Hello people! the question is simple and a little off topic, tell me what the "Hour of the Wolf" trick gives Gerald?

A
Alter the witcher 06.01.22

Eugene_82
Patch 1.07 raised the level of witch armor, which became a big problem. The "Hour of the Wolf" potion returns the previous level so that the player has time to raise the level according to the new requirements. Like so.

O
Old_Nick 06.01.22

Alter The Witcher ".. so that the player could raise the level of the new requirements. ..."
Climb 2 and leveled the game for an hour ?! I don’t know .... only the final story quests.
IMHO, the logic was a little different: the fact is that already "put on" gear, even if it does not correspond to the level, was not removed by itself. It was quite possible to run in sets of a level older than GG. BUT - there are places where Geralt was "undressed" forcibly (fistfights, sekas;), etc.), so for these specific moments a "wolf hour" was needed

According to books, who are interested:
SpoilerAn island on the NNE from Kaer-Trolde, or on the N from the "Ancient Tomb" sign (on the same island the famous griffin of the 48th level). If you manage to save the Persian on the shore from the brother of the seduced priestess Freya, he will ask you to bring books to find out if it is possible to get around the church prohibitions. The following books are needed:
"Change your life! Advice to the stubborn" - sold by a merchant-usurer in Novigrad (just to the northwest of the "South Gate" bridge)
"Freya's Cult" - an alchemist, disguised as a priest on the Electors Square, Novigrad, Temple Island
"Amusing the adventures of the virtuous Veggie "- a merchant with a sorcerer's confiscation according to" Cheese and the Dark Forces ". Novigrad, shop near the notice board near the bridge of St. Grigor
"Religion and Life" - a hawker in the village near the Vronitsy castle
"Tristianna and Isidore" - a hawker in the village of Zalipye

A
Alter the witcher 06.01.22

Old_Nick
well, yes. explained more clearly.

G
Gutsz 06.01.22

These are useful books, read it yourself sometimes at your leisure. You won't regret it, believe it)

O
Old_Nick 06.01.22

Yeah, especially about the benefits of burning a certain plant;)
How else did Roskomnadzor not bother;)