3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GrifoN_1912 07.01.22 12:19 am

Mod load order (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Help me to understand. As far as I understand, before, when there were no mod managers, loading was carried out in alphabetical order from the mod folder. The files that were marked with "zzzzz" were loaded last. With update 1.19, a mod manager has appeared in which it is possible to set the priority. It turns out that the file with the highest priority (above) is loaded first, and with the lowest, the last one? Did I understand everything correctly?
21 Comments
Sort by:
O
Oleg Ivanovich 07.01.22

There is no file that is at the top, that is, it is loaded last with priority, and the one below is loaded first

v
vovangt4 07.01.22

GrifoN_1912
Put in alphabetical order

G
GrifoN_1912 07.01.22

That is, the priority goes to the operability of the mod, you are to download it last.

s
sneshana 07.01.22

Not always. For example, if I put the no damege mod lower in priority, then it does not rob. And at the very top it robs.

S
SlavikSD 07.01.22

Oleg Ivanovich, you are wrong! In the mod manager, implemented in versions 1.19.xx, it turns out, as it were, the other way around. In 1.18 and below, in the mod folder, the name of the mods was important. The letters "zzzz" and the like "u" or "me" denoted the priority of the mod. Which was aligned with the alphabetical order of the "mod" folder.
In versions 1.19.x, the situation has changed dramatically. Now you do not need to rename the mod, you just need to understand its priority.
In the mod manager, you have two main positions. One consists of a general list of mods located in your mod folder. The second (large squares on the left) - in general, all the mods that are in this folder.
The main thing is that in the mod manager on the right side of the screen there is a list of currently connected mods in the form of a column.
The mod with the highest priority is the highest in this column. And vice versa.
In short, in the column of selected and connected mods (in the general list, connected mods glow in the lower left corner of the mod's square with a green light), the mod at the top of the list has the highest priority.
If it's not clear, I'll give you a screen with a more detailed explanation.

K
Karen and Elite 07.01.22

GrifoN_1912
I'll tell you easier, the mod manager reads mods in reverse order;)

m
mr.dalnoboy 07.01.22

SlavikSD
Can I have a screen?

G
GrifoN_1912 07.01.22

In general, what is at the top is to be loaded last, what is below is the first. We started with this manager .. Thank you all for the answers!

m
meta_KnightFan 07.01.22

That is, if I put the mod at the very top, then it is loaded last? My life will never be the same.
PS I'm not the author of the topic.

D
Dva2Vo7 07.01.22

meta_KnightFan
This is some kind of shit ...

M
MrX3Mik 07.01.22

Dva2Vo7
agree - in principle, it was possible to do without a manager, but it is not at all difficult to understand this innovation, it is mirror-like))) all the priorities set in the mod folder (earlier), in the manager are set the other way around and all business.

S
SlavikSD 07.01.22

It turns out that no!

S
SlavikSD 07.01.22

MrX3Mik and Karen Grigoryan are right, but not quite. This cannot be said about the reverse order. How to expose, so it will be.
mr.dalnoboy asked for a screen. I will give the simplest example on it.

Spoiler Do you
see a column on the screen on the right? These are your mods connected in this profile. In the left pile (if you click on a mod in the column), this connected mod will immediately appear. The green "Connected" light is on.
So that's it. On the screen, the topmost mod in the right column is my Game Economic unit. The bottom one is Air System. There are a few more mods in between. The Game Economic unit has the highest priority in this case, the Air System has the lowest. Those. in the manager, the priority of mods is listed in ascending order from top to bottom. The higher a mod is on the list, the higher its priority.
Is the principle clear?

g
gans194 07.01.22

SlavikSD
Sorry, I try to disagree with you, I connected my mods in the order you advised, it turns out a complete garbage, just a crash, I connected in the reverse order (i.e. from bottom to top) everything is fine, everything works

S
SlavikSD 07.01.22

gans194, i.e. the card is at the very bottom, and the rest go up in order in the list?

g
gans194 07.01.22

SlavikSD
yes that's right

D
Dva2Vo7 07.01.22

SlavikSD
You are talking about it! The priority goes from top to bottom, and this is logical! It is according to this principle that I arranged my mods and there are no problems.
The question is still in another, what is primary after all from the whole variety of modifications? Let's say on one of the profiles I have the following picture (TOP -> DOWN):
winter mod -> MapZoom -> RusMap -> MHAPro -> traffic density -> packs from Jazzycat -> nodamage -> gearboxes, engines -> skinpacks. And the question is, is all this located according to Feng Shui ... and the answer is - hell would know him

S
SlavikSD 07.01.22

gans194, and rightly so! From top to bottom when you go, the priority is less and less.
Dva2Vo7, yes, I somehow got to this feng shui .... I don’t even look at the log, whether it’s red or yellow. Works well. If it will be buggy, we'll figure it out.))
By the way, I have cards at the very bottom (I ride one card on each profile, I don't like heaps), then loads go higher, then traffic is at the very top, it turns out with the highest priority, game with the economy. Everything works and no questions asked.

D
Dva2Vo7 07.01.22

SlavikSD
Well, che, a competent approach, my friend))
I also don't look in the logs, because being a teapot, I can't drag anything out there and where)
And as for the location of the mods, perhaps I'll try your scheme, purely for experiment.

S
SlavikSD 07.01.22

Dva2Vo7, I even have on the tilde, which in the game the log turns on, the increase in the cruise speed is hammered)))