3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
[
[doctor] 09.01.22 11:07 pm

Game launch problems (Far Cry 2)

from now on, technical problems will be broken down into topics. this topic discusses ONLY startup problems.

for questions off topic warning. when repeating - a ban.
40 Comments
Sort by:
p
padiras 09.01.22

Hello everyone, help with the problem - I start the game, I hear sounds, but instead of an image I see a black screen ... What should I do? I tried to run in windowed mode, but there is also a black screen. (I wanted to play a cartoon and something like that). Help!!!!

[
[doctor] 09.01.22

put the latest drivers to start. if you downloaded the game, then I advise you to download the full version.

p
padiras 09.01.22

I downloaded the newest drivers, and downloaded the image from the license (the image weighs 2.82 GB)

combined:
well, what? Can anyone help me?

A
Arnej 09.01.22

Perhaps deleting or replacing GamerProfile.xml will help ... The

file is located
XP: C: Documents and Settings My Documents My Games Far Cry 2
Vista / 7: C: Users [your name] Documents My Games Far Cry 2

p
padiras 09.01.22

Thanks, But I've already tried removing it.
Maybe there are more options?

[
[doctor] 09.01.22

there is a small fact in the topic of general technical problems. read it and did instructions from it? there is a question exactly like yours:
"Question: I start the game, I hear sounds, but instead of an image I see a black screen ... What should I do?
Answer: You need to find the GamerProfile file, which is located at ... / My Documents / My Games / FarCry 2, and change the value of the Fullscreen parameter from 1 to 0. The game will start in windowed mode, then change the screen frequency to 60 Hz, and the resolution to 800x600, exit and return the Fullscreen parameter to 1. That's it, the game will start in full screen mode, and now you can safely change the resolution and frequency to normal ... "

p
padiras 09.01.22

Yes, I read the fact and did as it was written there, but even in windowed mode, the game starts with a black screen, I cannot do the rest of the items due to the same black screen (The game starts in windowed mode, then we change the screen frequency to 60 Hz, and resolution at 800x600)

combined:
are there any more suggestions?

please do not multipost (do not leave several messages in a row)
[doctor]

J
JIeHc 09.01.22

I have such a problem, I go into the game, it seems like everything is fine, I start a single game, a loading screen appears and that's all, what to do, tell me?

p
padiras 09.01.22

try to install the game without changing the installation location (for example, it costs C: program filesUbisoftfar cry 2, so you leave it that way

J
JIeHc 09.01.22

I think I left it that way, but I'll try again, thanks

A
Arnej 09.01.22

padiras
even in windowed mode, the game starts with a black screen

Well, not necessarily through the game, through the same GamerProfile.xml you can change ...

Open it with notepad, find the following parameters and change:
ResolutionX = "800"
ResolutionY = "600"
RefreshRate = " 60 "

J
JIeHc 09.01.22

Nothing helps, the loading screen keeps spinning and zero emotion.

p
padiras 09.01.22

Arnej did NOT help ((

JIeHc try to run the game in compatibility mode for windows 95

J
JIeHc 09.01.22

It still doesn't help = ((

p
padiras 09.01.22

JIeHc apparently we both will not play (((

J
JIeHc 09.01.22

Well, before the same problem was, it seemed like I somehow solved it and again ((

d
dima_malyar 09.01.22

try again to reinstall the game from the image, the game does not require the last firewood. I have a pirate who rules everything and cartoon and so

I
Incredible Kleinman 09.01.22

Try patching the game.

p
padiras 09.01.22

tried reinstalling and patching, does not help

p
padiras 09.01.22

please help me !!!