3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
YouShallFollow 09.01.22 11:13 pm

Crash on startup (Dark Souls)

Hello everyone. I decided to chop in Prepare to Die Edition, but at the "Press START" stage it crashes. With DSfix, it crashes already at the launch stage. The window is the same: "The work of the DARK blablabla EDITION executable program has stopped."
Win7 x64, XP compatibility tried.
4 Comments
Sort by:
A
Asmoon 09.01.22

YouShallFollow
Need to understand did you delete DSFix? If so, the DINPUT8.dll file may remain in the DATA folder because it usually crashes because of it. By the way, it can crash due to the outdated Dark Souls PVP Watchdog if you use it. And another thing - a crash with DSFix is ​​possible due to the curvature of the work ############# Anti Aliasing, ############# Ambient Occlusion, ###### ####### Depth of field on some driver revisions. I had this because of the Depth of field - I removed the entire sub-item from DSfix.ini, everything became normal. And the picture did not suffer much and FPSlimit works.

Y
YouShallFollow 09.01.22

Asmoon
The bottom line is that I put the fix after, tk. I thought that after it it would certainly start, this is a fix after all. But even the original version, without fixing, crashes for me.

A
Asmoon 09.01.22

YouShallFollow What
game? License or not?

Y
YouShallFollow 09.01.22

Asmoon
License. Everything, the problem was solved, oddly enough, by installing the CCCP codecs.