3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nitro25 14.01.22 10:37 pm

FPS drops in games / freezes, etc.

For the past one and a half years, I have been worried about various kinds of problems with the PC, but I’ll write better about the latter ... In games, for some time now (maybe something about 7 months), the FPS has begun to noticeably sag. When there was an old Seagate hard drive that was already running on its last breath, many games that had no performance problems before began to show frequent drops in fps: 30-45. Sometimes the fps drop was short-term - a second or a couple of seconds, sometimes low fps could last longer - depending on different situations on the screen. Then I changed the hard drive - in some games, the FPS stopped dropping so often and kept around 30-45 frames for a long time, but frequent short-term drops remained. FPS could drop in some game from 100 to 80 or from 60 to 50, but it was damn noticeable ... I don't know ... it looks like friezes or some kind of loading ... during such drops in fps, the game starts a slide show for a split second. All in all, it's pretty annoying to play.

My system: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, ECS P43T-A2 mother, Corsair vs550 power supply, FZEX: Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM (recently purchased and replaced the old one in the system, it is the only one I have in the system), RAM 2x2GB, AMD Radeon r9 270 2GB video card.
Operating system Windows 7 x64 SP1.
At the same time, with such a system, FPS drops happen even in Quake4 and Doom3, which, in my opinion, clearly indicates some serious problems with the PC.

What I did to solve problems: After installing the hard drive, first of all, I reinstalled the OS, checked for bad sectors on the hard drive (no), drove the video card with FurMark (no overheating or performance drop was noticed), updated the video driver (installed early ones, including, to sense no), I changed the thermal paste on the processor, stress tested it, watched the temperature in idle and in games (everything is in order - during operation, the temperature of the cores is kept around 60-68 degrees, and in idle mode, about 40 degrees.)
I tested such games, like - Quake 4, Doom 3, Fallout 3 GOTY, GTA IV and its episodes, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
PS: I noticed that in some games MSI Afterburner monitoring showed a rather low percentage of graphics card loading. This is fine? For example, in Quake 4 - 60-80%, sometimes more, in GTA IV - 15-25%, in Fallout 3 - 15-25%
3 Comments
Sort by:
O
Oleg Podgornyak 14.01.22

The same problem, 3 days ago the fps started to drop, on the forums they say that the type of video is overheating

c
cafe 14.01.22

Nitro25 Are
these problems only with games? I don’t know if I’m on the topic, but it seems I have a similar problem - I have sudden brakes with the entire system (OS - windows 7 64 bit). It even happens that immediately after loading the OS, after a couple of minutes, these terrible brakes begin, although no programs (except for autorun ones) have yet been included. These brakes do not go away until you restart the PC or until you send the PC to sleep (by the way, I noticed that as soon as you press "restart PC" or "sleep PC", the brakes immediately disappear and you can see how the PC already executes the selected command without brakes). On the Internet, such a problem is described (sudden OS brakes), but there is still no solution and at least a simple explanation for this problem. Does anyone know about this?
It's funny. I myself answer my own question - the problem arises because of the miner virus. How to remove it on the Internet is described in detail.

D
Denis Kyokushin 14.01.22

Nitro25
First, look at what frequencies the RAM is running. If at 400 MHz, then set it to the maximum in the BIOS. Then run the CPU in OSST. If you see the same thing on the graph:
pix.playground.ru
Then your CPU is trotting