3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SlavikSD 14.01.22 10:50 pm

Password protected mods (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Somehow I accidentally encountered and the question arose: how does the game read mods, the scripts of which are password-protected? For the sake of interest, I made a mod from game_data and put a password on the script itself. So the game didn't read it. And the distributions are full of mods with password-protected files (the same tuning) and are read by the game without problems. Who knows what the focus is?
15 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex_RF 14.01.22

Hello everyone. Guys, I'm sorry that I'm probably writing in the wrong topic, but I had such a question, how to see the log right in the game. Previously, you could see it by "tilde". but I recently reinstalled the game, now I have it Stimovskaya for some reason, and now the "tilde" log does not display a damn thing. Thank you all in advance.

t
techkilla 14.01.22

Alex_RF
Open config.cfg, find uset g_console "0", change it to "1", save. Now the letter Yo will open the console

S
SlavikSD 14.01.22

Alex_RF, creating a topic of this kind: open the forum, open the "Technical questions" section, press the "new topic" button (white letters on a blue background to the right of the inscription "Euro Truck Simulator 2 Forum / Technical questions" and fill out the form that opens!

M
Matroskin 14.01.22

SlavikSD
Because there are several programs for blocking archives. Winrar is not suitable, the mod hacked by Winrar will work every other time

v
vovangt4 14.01.22

SlavikSD
They are not password-protected but locked, encrypted, Winrar perceives such files as password-protected

S
SlavikSD 14.01.22

vovangt4, WinRar shows that the file is password protected, but in fact it is encrypted. And it turns out that the game does not read password-protected ones, but understands encrypted ones without problems, right?

v
vovangt4 14.01.22

SlavikSD
Absolutely right! Zaporolennye she can not read in principle!

S
SlavikSD 14.01.22

vovangt4, clearly, thank you very much. And encryption is done by some special software?

v
vovangt4 14.01.22

SlavikSD
Usually, with the help of a hex editor, the attributes are changed.

S
SlavikSD 14.01.22

vovangt4, and if by means of Windows? In the properties of the file, check the box "Encrypt contents to protect data"?

v
vovangt4 14.01.22

Slavik SD
No! The archive is opened in a hex editor and the attributes are changed

S
SlavikSD 14.01.22

vovangt4, I understand, thanks.

M
Matroskin 14.01.22

SlavikSD
If you want to lock the archive, use WinHex and LockSCS

S
SlavikSD 14.01.22

Matroskin, will the game read such an archive?

M
Matroskin 14.01.22

SlavikSD
Yes, these programs lock archives