3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
arcer 14.01.22 11:35 pm

I need help with a new PC.

Greetings!

Bought a new PC six months ago. And all these six months I have been experiencing a number of problems. For example, in almost all games I have some kind of jerks, in other words, games do not go smoothly. In this case, the year of the game does not matter at all. For example, Penumbra slows down, in Anaboise the Dream of the Mind FPS jumps sharply 60-30, in Grid 2 it’s impossible to play at all, with vertical synchronization turned on at any settings (from minimum to ultra) friezes for a split second every 10-20 seconds. Installed games on HDD and SSD. The result is the same. In New Vegas, when you change weapons or call a pipboy, the first time you always lag, and then switch as much as you want, everything will be smooth. It's the same story in The Witcher 2, when you fold the sign for the first time, you catch a micro-lag, and then no matter how much you use the signs, everything goes fine. That is, lags appear during some first actions, whether it be the appearance of an enemy, spells, switching weapons and more. In the first Witcher, it is not possible to run 100 meters before some kind of microfreeze also occurs.

The temperatures seem to be normal, the processor heats up about 60 degrees, the video card is also somewhere around 65 degrees. Windows 7 64 is licensed, half of the games are Steam licenses.
In Civilization 5, textures are loaded during the game, that is, the floor of the map is just a gray canvas and then it is already textured.

I ask the help of knowledgeable people, I'm already tired of this problem.

Config:
Intel Core i5-4670
ASUS B85M-G 800
PNY 128GB
WD10EZEX
CTB-550S
16Gb Ram
Palit GTX770 2GB (there was no other model company in the store)
I did not overclock anything.
20 Comments
Sort by:
G
Grandshot 14.01.22

Have you tried reinstalling Windows? Perhaps the OS is crookedly installed. Most often, all sorts of unreasonable slowdowns happen precisely because of the buggy nature of Windows.

E
Eroppo 14.01.22

Arcer
Games put on HDD and SSD.
SSD or flash drive, which is specified in the config - PNY 128GB?
Where exactly is the system installed?

a
arcer 14.01.22

Grandshot
Forgot to mention, put 3 OS. 2 sevens and 8rku. The result is the same.

eroppo
This is an SSD. The system is installed on it. All work data, backups, orders (I'm an artist) are stored on the HDD.

E
Eroppo 14.01.22

Arcer
is an SSD. The system is installed on it. All work data, backups, orders (I'm an artist) are stored on the HDD.
If we are talking about this:

Then this is a fast flash drive, not an SSD, and jambs may well be due to the fact that Windows is trying to work via USB

a
arcer 14.01.22

eroppo
No, it's about that.

K
KPK666 14.01.22

It looks like the RAM is buggy. Try to take out half (if you have more than one bar), play, if glitches remain, try the second half. If the glitches disappear, then you can determine which bar is bad. Another option is to try turning off vertical sync, because of it, there can also be a lot of friezes.

M
MunchkiN 616 14.01.22

the first thing you need - does the bios see all the op memory
second - it's better to go to put another Windows for example 8
if everything continues there, oddly enough bp is to blame.

a
arcer 14.01.22

KPK666
Tomorrow I'll try to take it out and see. Without vertical sync, strong screen tearing.

MunchkiN 616 Installed
3 different versions of Windows, 2 sevens and eight.

-
-SK.art- 14.01.22

Arcer

test memory with tests like Memtest.
It does not interfere with checking the hard drive and SSD with diagnostic utilities.

a
arcer 14.01.22

KPK666
I took out the strips one by one, the result is the same.
-Sergey Viktorovich-
Tested with Memtest, found no errors.
Games are buggy on both HDD and SSD in the same way, which indicates that the problem is not in them.

K
KPK666 14.01.22

So it turned out to be more difficult. There is a lot to dig here. Watch the work of the software, maybe some program takes over the resources (the same fraps). Try to run games without antivirus. Reinstall the firewood on the vidyuhi, as a rule, new is not always the best, check for the newest or some old ones (for example, released half a year ago, or better a little later than the release of the vidyuhi on the market). See the difference with disabled vert. synchronization. Just to test whether it will be buggy with off. or not. For example, my brother has the same vidyuha and there are friezes with synchronization turned on, but without it everything is fine (it was checked on GTA V, it seems that the game cannot decide which frequency to keep 30 or 60, and therefore freezes). If all else fails, then it remains that the problem is in the northbridge.

a
arcer 14.01.22

Found the following fact. Looking at YouTube videos of how people with a similar configuration run Grid 2. They have it without vertical synchronization and completely at ultra, giving out 60+ FPS. I disabled v-sync and set everything to ultra. FPS 90-135 but microfreezes remained. But here's the most interesting thing:
If you reduce 5 points from ultra (shadows, fabric, shading model, car reflections and water) to the minimum value, then there is not a single frieze in the game. True, after some time, if you change the settings and the game starts to lag, then if you do not reduce it back, the lags will not disappear. But if you start the race again (without leaving the game), everything goes smoothly and without friezes, even with vertical synchronization, even without it, and all this is on ultras. After exiting the game, everything repeats.

About temperatures. Now it's hot here, but the lags and the like were still in the winter. Without vertical synchronization, in Grid 2 the temperature of the video card increases to 80 (if you ride for 4 minutes on the track), during freezes, there seems to be no jumps in the Afterburner graphs. If you turn on vertical sync, the temperature drops to 65-67 degrees.

K
KPK666 14.01.22

Hmm... problem... Well, 80 degrees is not critical, this should not lag. I would take the vidyuhi to someone and check whether there will be glitches. Here it is already necessary to exclude one by one. This is not a hard drive, not a RAM, not an OS. When the quality of the graphics changes, the glitches disappear, so you need to check the video and try to install other firewood.

a
arcer 14.01.22

KPK666
I've been trying to get Grid 2 and Civilization V working since the winter, and have updated drivers several times since then. The result is the same. Alas, I can’t attribute it to anyone, I live in a small town.

I want to get into the service under warranty (I'm leaving for the city soon), by the way, I already drove there not long ago, they rearranged the Windows (with an additional charge) and said everything was ok (at that time Grid 2 was removed). Low FPS in some games evened out, but micro freezes in some games remained, and when asked about them, the "master" only said "it got better" and showed with all appearance that he would not do anything else. They say the whole problem was in bad Windows. And the problem was in the power saving mode enabled on the old Windows. I turned it on on the new licensed one and again in the game "to the Caribbean" FPS in naval battles 20, and if you turn it off, then stable 60. As a result, the money was paid to nowhere.

Now I want to get lucky again, but I would like to consult with local iron experts. Since they are not particularly eager to deal with my problem and I would like to prepare some kind of arguments.

K
KPK666 14.01.22

Well, if there is no one to take it to, then at least check the video card with tests, primarily for video memory. If there are mistakes, here are the reasons. In general, it’s easier to bring and say what should go like this (show the video on youtebe), but it doesn’t go like that, that’s all the arguments, and let them decide what the problem is. As an argument, say that the Windows are fresh, the firewood is fresh, the antivirus has not yet been installed, the Internet has not climbed, the software has not yet been installed. You start the game, it lags, freezes, fps jumps. Let them figure out what's wrong. Ask them to put another vidyuhu look at the result. So through the forum you will not determine. By the way, the motherboard should have a built-in vidyuha. Get the dzhiforce and run it on the built-in.

a
arcer 14.01.22

KPK666
They don't have internet there. I ran tests with a hairy donut on a video camera, everything is as it should be. To take it out, to be honest, I'm worried, you never know, I'll screw it up wrong, and the guarantee will be removed. Then I probably won’t take any more actions, I’ll take it to the service.

Oh yes, the last one. Can anyone suggest a good program for testing the processor or (if any) the motherboard?

N
Neznayka2015 14.01.22

Arcer
try OCCT Perestroika 4.4.1, but in general it is advisable to check the video card (for some reason I also think that it is she who is to blame for everything) or as an option to change to another

a
arcer 14.01.22

Neznayka2015
Thank you, I'll try one of these days.

R
Ramzes181276 14.01.22

Arcer
Memory - BSOD (blue screen of death) falls out.
Video card - artifacts on the screen.
Overheating of the processor and automatic reduction of the clock frequency (slowdowns are quite possible) - check the tightness of the cooler (fasteners).
HDD and SSD have nothing to do with it. With 16 gigs of RAM, and the needs of games are 5-7.
You have built-in video in the motherboard and in the processor - aren't they used by games instead of your GTX770?
But, most likely, some process with a higher priority (viruses, auto-updaters, STEAM, etc.) intercepts resources.

a
arcer 14.01.22

Service still found the cause. 3 weeks looking for a solution to the problem and found out that it was in the SSD. Although on tests, it worked fine. But as they changed to another SSD, the games stopped lagging. We returned the old SSD back, everything was as before.