3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kisel777 16.01.22 12:02 am

A question that can infuriate (BioShock Infinite)

I just went through "Infinite" just now, I didn't understand a lot. For example, what happened to Elizabeth? She died completely, after Atlas beat her with a key? Or is she in other worlds alive? Maybe at least one of them? It's just... such a nyasha died like that... even somehow and absurdly at the hands of this bandit... well... a reason to cry.
And why didn't she try to escape from Atlas with her sister after she gave him the "ace in the hole"?
12 Comments
Sort by:
R
RevIO2RUS 16.01.22

Mr. Sweetened.
I think it’s very unlikely that it will be possible to kill her, just like any other, just like Booker, for example (what this Liz was actively doing, as I understand it), but in the world / worlds where the action of the first part takes place - there she died.

K
Kisel777 16.01.22

RevIO2RUS
I would have thought so too, but the problem is that when they drowned in Booker, all the "variants" of Elizabeth disappeared, except for two, which, if I remember correctly, left. I think one of them was killed by Big Daddy and the other by Atlas. It just seems that then, at the end of the original game, "to see for the last time" with Booker all the Elizabeth (s) that exist and who were gone by the end of the Sea Grave DLC, respectively, she is completely dead. The cat has run out of all 9 lives. Hope I'm wrong.

F
Foromorian 16.01.22

So she needs it, if not for her, then my favorite gaming city, Rapture, flourished, and would not have been destroyed.

K
Kisel777 16.01.22

Foromorian
Yeah well, Colombia is better ((((((

F
Foromorian 16.01.22

Mister Sweetened
Who cares. Colombia is also good, but I really like Rapture in general.

G
Glock11 16.01.22

Mr Sweetheart
I would have thought so too, but the problem here is that when Bookker was drowned, all the "options" of Elizabeth disappeared, except for two, which, if I remember correctly, were gone.
The trouble is that the DLC actually contradicts the plot of the main game. According to the original story, indeed, with the drowning of Booker, all Bookers disappeared, all Elizabeth, and Columbia itself to boot. And according to the DLC, it turns out that Booker's sacrifice is, in fact, meaningless, since it turns out that there are some other realities where there is Booker and Columbia and Elizabeth. Who is not clear where the Lutes bring Elizabeth in the second DLC - from the other world, or what? There are more misunderstandings.
But in general, it really turns out that Atlas killed that "our" Elizabeth, the story of Columbia is over.
But in principle, nothing prevents Levine from getting another one out of his sleeve, since he undertook to violate the principles of his own world. Nothing but the closure of the 2K studio, of course.

K
Kisel777 16.01.22

Glock11
By the way, yes, it is not clear why the two Elizabeths did not disappear and whether they still remained. I hope that at least one remains and she is in perfect order.

G
Glock11 16.01.22

Mister Sweetened
I didn't like the heavy, depressing ending either. I'm sorry Lisa.
The sequel to the game, of course, can always be completed, but the problem is that the DLC was the last creation of the 2K studio before closing. Alas, in financial terms, Bioshock Infinate was recognized as a whole unsatisfactory project. It is possible that some confusion of the DLC plot is connected with the need to urgently somehow complete the plot, put an end to it, before Levine leaves.

g
gmh4589 16.01.22

Glock11
In my opinion, the action of the add-ons takes place in parallel in an alternative reality (despite the fact that the main game takes place in 1919, and the action of the add-ons takes place in the 1950s, Elizabeth and Booker live in different realities at different times), so there are no contradictions to the plot .

G
Glock11 16.01.22

gmh4589
There is a contradiction, even in spite of parallel realities.

SPOILERS!!!

It is that the whole point of Booker's self-sacrifice in Infinate was that Comstock would not appear anywhere, in any realities. And accordingly, so that he does not build Columbia, that there would be no Elizabeth, and that she, having grown old, would not go to bomb the cities.
And according to the DLC, it turns out that everything was pointless - there is still Comstock, there is Elizabeth, there is Columbia. The sacrifice was in vain.

g
gmh4589 16.01.22

Glock11
What's the contradiction if the expansion event happens in parallel with the main game?
In order for Booker not to turn into Comstock, both he and Elizabeth had to disappear into ALL parallel realities. Numerous "clones" of Elizabeth drowned Booker in one reality, and in another (shown in the add-on), Big Daddy drilled Elizabeth (I don't remember what happened to Boukreom there).
So it turns out that in reality, in which Rapture was instead of Columbia, this should have happened. And if Elizabeth of Rapture had survived, the sacrifice of Elizabeth and Booker of Columbia would have been in vain.
The fact of the matter is that the events of the 1st, 2nd Bioshocks and additions to Infinite take place in PARALLEL. That is, their action does not take place after the events of the third game, but simultaneously with them.
The problem is not in inconsistencies in the plot of the games, but in the fact that in the add-ons the events are shown a bit chaotically, and, as they say, "you can't figure out without 100 grams" what's what. The rush to complete, with at least one more game in the pipeline, was the reason behind Levin's departure from the studio. It just feels like there has to be something else between the action of the base game and the expansions. As if we were shown the beginning and end of the story, swallowing the middle. Therefore, it seems that there are inconsistencies in the plot that are not really there, just the creators of the game, driven by the early completion of the series, did not fully explain to us what follows from what.
When I first played the game, it also seemed to me that the plot contradicted itself, but then, it dawned on me that I just misunderstood something.
PS: By the way, the closure of 2K was not caused by the failure of Bioshock Infinite, this game was just the same. Another high-hopeful game failed: The Bureau. She turned out to be naked, and pulled the entire studio into the abyss.

R
RevIO2RUS 16.01.22

gmh4589
Closing 2K? Maybe Irrational games? Because everything is fine with 2K, too big for it to close due to one failure ...
Glock11
Everything is fine there, as I said Booker cannot be killed, it's just not possible, because there are an infinite number of other universes where Liz is either not could, or did not want to kill him, or even died earlier. What Lutes brought? Yes, any, there were an infinite number of them. In general, the DLC was conceived to explain almost all the plot inconsistencies and provide a connection between the first part and Infinite. And the closure of the studio is most likely due to the fact that Ken really just wanted to, well, maybe 2K did not give him the freedom of creativity that he wanted, so he closed it.