3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sn1ne 16.01.22 12:32 am

Problem starting gold edition\'a (The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

Good day. I apologize in advance if this issue has already been raised.

I launch Launcher, everything is fine. Then I press the "Play" button - in the upper left corner of the screen a small black window with the name "Oblivion" immediately appears and almost immediately an error report flies out - "Oblivion - an error was detected. The application will be closed. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I tried compatibility, through the administrator, changed the screen resolution, launching through wrye bash did not help either. On the same laptop, the cloud was installed more than once, played, deleted, and everything was fine.

Help, pipets how I wanted to play it.
8 Comments
Sort by:
A
AT_Sagor 16.01.22

Are there more detailed error parameters? Are mods installed? But the most important thing is whether you have recently reinstalled the operating system ?, because here "pitfalls" may be hiding.

s
sn1ne 16.01.22

from mods only dlc. The system was reinstalled relatively recently, but all other games seem to be running normally. What are the "pitfalls"?

A
AT_Sagor 16.01.22

Maybe I forgot to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 libraries or later.
Like he said that there is wrye bash? If you create a compatibility patch there, when creating it, it reports the master files about the errors found (although not always), if it suddenly announces an error in them, it will become obvious that the installation is crooked.
It can also be a permission conflict, i.e. the default resolution in the game is not the one that the monitor can support. Set an acceptable screen extension (if, of course, my memory serves me, then this can be done in the launcher or in the ini file, but I don’t remember which one.).
Well, until nothing else comes to mind.

g
golem cat 16.01.22

It's very strange. I had similar nonsense when I forgot to install DirectX. Have you installed all the drivers?

s
sn1ne 16.01.22

Buy a license and there will be no problems :) Put the face and flew without problems

d
dartgarry 16.01.22

bought today. error and symptoms one to one. It was decided this way:
it is necessary to uncheck the full-screen mode in the launcher. will run in a window.
but after that in the game settings or again in the launcher you can change it to full screen and everything will continue to work

V
Vadim Malayrev 16.01.22

dartgarry
nihera

V
Vadim Malayrev 16.01.22

The same crap used to play and delete and play again, and now not long ago I interrupted Windows (there was a lot of trash and viruses), I downloaded it, I launched it, and I changed the resolution and set it to windowed mode and changed the graphics and turned off the mods I don’t understand.