3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 16.01.22 12:43 am

The most accurate adaptation of a book

Hello.
I would like to know what are (you know) film adaptations of various book works? And which of them is the most accurate - that is, the most detailed and without deviations from the book original?
10 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 16.01.22

Soviet adaptation of Sherlock Holmes. There is simply no better one.

T
TheReds1892 16.01.22

A.Soldier of Light
agree

B
Balda716 16.01.22

Soviet adaptation of Sherlock Holmes.
there is an inaccuracy: a book Sherlock is a drug addict.

B
Brashnashla 16.01.22

Lord of the Rings, one of the best adaptations

K
KirillTriplekill 16.01.22

Brashnashla
All films including the new trilogy "The Hobbit" are great, but there are inaccuracies

B
Brashnashla 16.01.22

CyrilTriplekill
Well, about "The Hobbit" I will not say about accuracy, because a thin book, which is closer to a fairy tale, and not to stretch fantasy into 3 large films, this must be able to. And the movies are good

K
KirillTriplekill 16.01.22

Brashnashla was
especially surprised by the "Battle of the Five Armies", in the book there are several pages, and here is a 3-hour film

D
Danil01 16.01.22

So (The Hunger Games) seems to converge

O
Okruta 16.01.22

Practically an example of accuracy are films staged by Bortko: "The Master and Margarita", "Heart of a Dog" and "Taras Bulba". But, alas, he also has inaccuracies. For example, such an important character as Abaddon is simply absent from the series.
And also an excellent, almost word for word, Soviet film adaptation of the book "St. John's Wort".

l
lissalia 16.01.22

One of the versions of "Jane Eyre" (which I don't remember exactly). Dialogue word for word!
The Aliens trilogy is the same.
But the books are still better.