3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MatrixKing 16.01.22 12:43 am

ANNO 1404 game won't start!!! (Anno 1404)

Good afternoon. The game won't start.
1) Installed. Offered to adjust the graphic settings - agreed.
2) An executor clicked, two patches were found (at the end of the download, one chose the language "Russian"), it was patched.
3) Nothing happened.
4) I clicked the executable again, for a fraction of a second the Windows cursor changed to, apparently, the game one, and a frame appeared as if a new window was opening.
5) "Vision" disappeared, desktop...
Windows XP sp3
Vidyakh GeForce 9800GT RAM 2 GB

What could be the problem?
Help!!!
13 Comments
Sort by:
T
TsSPVMM 16.01.22

As an option, do not agree to paragraph 1

M
MatrixKing 16.01.22

when the third time I played the game p. 1 did not agree and the same glitch "4) For a fraction of a second, the Windows cursor changed to, apparently, the game one and a frame appeared as if a new window was opening."

A
ArkisH122 16.01.22

Strangely, when this game cursor appears, the game should start after 1 or 2 minutes (depending on the power of the computer). Try to unpatch the game and do not agree to the offer to adjust the graphics.

M
MatrixKing 16.01.22

I've already tried all this, but it's not a fig, I'm already shaking the other mouth all the same ((((((

c
chef236 16.01.22

Is the video card suitable for the game?

J
JimBean 16.01.22

It also doesn't start. hangs when entering the game, the first frame of the video shows and that's it! pipets!

D
Dragon067 16.01.22

Same problem(

F
FalcoNVIProUA 16.01.22

Maybe no-cd will help solve the problem!!

d
doombreed 16.01.22

The people of the EU topic is still relevant, I hasten to inform you that on the Russian edition of the publication the same trouble as the author. Here at this conference:
Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W, Asus Rampage II, Intel Core i7 920, OCZ 1Gb XTC Platinum X3, nVidia Geforce GTX 285 (XFX Black Edition), Windows XP x32 (SP3), DirectX v.9.0c (Feb . 2010),
nVidia ForceWare Video Driver v.196.21

Someone advised me to install the new Visual C++ libraries installed the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (SP1) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (SP1), and nick also "for a fraction of a second, the Windows cursor changed to, apparently, the game one and a frame appeared as if a new window was opening." one to one

M
MrChaser 16.01.22

Damn the exact same crap, although half a year ago the game worked perfectly ...

R
Roman-19 16.01.22

Anno 1404 is compatible with Win XP SP2 and Vista (and Win 7). Under the rest, either it will not work or it does not work correctly (buggy). Maybe I’m wrong about something, but I didn’t even start it under SP1 and SP3. .

m
maxtrah 16.01.22

Here's the solution:

So call DX9 mode in 1404 Anno by manually editing the game's configuration file:
1.Go to Documents and Settings go to USERNAME go to Application Data go to Ubisoft go to anno1404 go to config go to engine ini extension
2.Open the engine with a text editor.
3. Look for the DirectXVersion tag. You will find line
4. Change 0 to 9 in this line.

Play Anno 1404)))

O
Oksana Kachan 16.01.22

reinstalled Windows from 7 to 8, now the game starts, but incorrectly. Firstly: there is no boot animation, Secondly: there are no letters at all, not a single one.