3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
noteMASTER_11 19.01.22 10:09 pm

RTX 2060 disposal issues on Mayak and many others (Escape from Tarkov)

Aloha everyone! Since 05/09/2020 I am the owner of the licensed edition of Standard and actively follow the news of the game.

The subject is designated in a topic. The technical hardware is as follows (everything, except for the video card, was assembled six months ago):
Specifications1. CPU - 2 physical Xeon E5 2678v3 24 * 3.3 GHz (I assembled on the Chinese Huananzhi F8D board for working with servers and rendering, all games except EFT, of which I have 180+ on Steam, run great, even Rust on the same Unity engine).
2. RAM DDR-4 ECC REG 2133 MHz, 8 * 8GB, 8 channels, 4 channels per CPU, bandwidth ~ 95-110 GB/s.
3. Video card Asus RTX 2060, revision November 2021, bought a new, sealed one. On drain and overclocked GPU @ VRAM +150 @ + 200, the situation in EFT does not improve. The latest official Game Ready driver for today.
4. SSD Samsung EVO 970 Plus NVMe 512 GB (3500 MB/s).
5. PSU Corsair RM850 Gold.
6. eATX DeepCool Mattrex 70 box, full circuit of 6 120th AeroCool fans with high CFM (volume of air flow per unit time) 55 on the front and top panels. The front one inhales, the upper ones exhale + the 7th stock one for blowing out opposite the CPU coolers.
7. OS - licensed Windows 11 Pro x64, all firewood is updated, tweakers have not been installed and will never be installed.

Please take a look at the screencast of the gameplay on Mayak: https://disk.yandex.ru/i/dpAfIMznj1g5Dw, played a little at 1080p, then returned native 2K.

For those who are too lazy to watch: GPU load during the entire gameplay does not exceed 35-55%, which is extremely detrimental to FPS - it stays around 35-45 frames and constantly chokes. Frametime does not fall below 25-26 ms.

Game settings: textures on "High", everything else - minimum. This is also visible during the screencast when I switch to a higher resolution. I also tried changing the Nvidia video driver settings for escapefromtarkov.exe, but that didn't improve the situation.

Lyrics In general, the PC works at the level of gaming tops, while it heats up very little, which is also visible on the FPS Monitor overlay during the game. I repeat that all games, except for Tarkov, run without any difference with the same Ryzen 9 5900 or i7-10900K, since 24 cores in 2 threads each, despite 3.3 GHz, give a "non-home" multi-thread. Therefore, the theory "this is China, they are all like that" or "the frequency for 1 thread decides, if only you had 6.5 GHz per core ..." please exclude, for the sake of proof, open the office. forums of the same Tarkov or Reddit, where owners of home gaming PCs on the latest generations of CPUs with 6800XT / RTX 3080 complain about the same thing

. at least 65-90 FPS. Thank you. :)
29 Comments
Sort by:
n
noteMASTER_11 19.01.22

Also, it might be important. I have 2 friends. One has an Aorus GTX 1080 8GB, bought in a box back in the year of its release, the other has an RTX 3080, which I helped him buy in a large settlement and stuck it into my PC for testing.

A friend with 1080 has been playing Tarkov since the first days of release and on easy does it there in a week up to lvl 45, he has absolutely the same problems with utilization in conjunction with an i7-7700K with overclocking to 4.8 GHz per stream with BIOS settings.

A friend's card from 3080, alas, was not specifically tested on EFT, but all kinds of furmarks, 3dmarks and others like them passed with an ideal utilization of 99%, resting on the factory ceiling for a TDP of 275 W, it has enough resources of my PC, which eliminates the problem in my gland.

PC boyars with RTX 3090 also have terrible recycling, by the way:

S
SonyK_2 19.01.22

noteMASTER_11
noteMASTER_11 wrote:
...all games, except for Tarkov, run without any difference... since 24 cores in 2 threads each, despite 3.3 GHz, give a "non-home" multithread...
That's the problem, that when the game is not very well optimized for multithreading, even if there are at least 100500 cores, their full potential will not be used.
... theory ... the frequency per thread decides, if only you had 6.5 GHz per core ... please exclude ...
Perhaps in vain. You can believe it or not, but in the same lower video you can see that in "difficult" moments one core is loaded much more than others (even the temperature is higher than the others).
Spoiler

With regard to such games (more using one core), the statement that the higher the clock speed of the CPU, the higher the performance is true. It does not apply to all games, but only to those that load the processor so unevenly. It can be not only the game itself - the OS and other applications running in the background and loading this particular core can also influence.
Do not forget that the more powerful the video card, the more frames per second it can produce (lowering graphics settings / resolution causes a similar effect). Higher framerate means more CPU load. If it does not have time to load evenly - the video card is underloaded ... :(

B
BlackTigerTK 19.01.22

noteMASTER_11 wrote:
Boyar PCs with RTX 3090 also have terrible recycling, by the way
So the problem turns out to be in the game itself, no? Since you have a license - write to support, let them work :-)

n
noteMASTER_11 19.01.22

SonyK_2
Thank you, but EFT uses both all physical and logical cores, for this, in the "Game" section, even the corresponding setting is displayed. Those. The engine itself is able to physically distribute the load. It is not clear why it is not used.

n
noteMASTER_11 19.01.22

BlackTigerTK
Yes, their forum is littered with these threads already.
And to write in TP - for what? To tell me to check and update drivers? Reboot and try again? You can't get through the frontal armor of technical support with any tank shell.

B
BlackTigerTK 19.01.22

noteMASTER_11
So if you don't write anything at all, then nothing will change for sure :-) Why do something if everything is fine anyway? When everyone is silent. And the advice and answer - checked and updated. No results :-)

n
noteMASTER_11 19.01.22

BlackTigerTK
I've been communicating with all kinds of technical support for too many years to understand that nothing will reach the developers like this. They have testers and a huge community, so they can do it without my five cents.

The essence of the request in the thread, I repeat, is to recommend settings that level the problem.

S
SonyK_2 19.01.22

noteMASTER_11
noteMASTER_11 wrote:
...EFT uses both all physical and logical cores... the engine itself can physically distribute the load. It is not clear why it is not used.
It can be seen that it uses not only one core (although one is noticeably larger than the others). It would be strange to see the load on only one core in a more or less modern game. What was the norm in the 2000s and 2010s should gradually become a thing of the past, although some developers manage to do no better than the original in this regard even in remasters of old games (multithreading does not work well). And some manage to make it worse than it was.
Example: Everyone's "favorite" Boston from the 3rd Assassin in the original uses a more or less uniform load on the CPU cores (at least on my bucket):

In the remaster, the game loads one core more + the frame rate is locked at 63 fps:

... No tank shell can penetrate through the frontal armor of technical support.
It happens. With regards to this game, they wrote about the fact that the developers ban the dissatisfied. I don’t know how true this is, but if they don’t lie, it’s an alarming “bell”.
... The essence of the request in the thread, I repeat, is to recommend settings that level the problem.
Any graphics settings that increase the load on the video card (and reduce the frame rate) + in-game resolution, etc. If everything in the game itself is at the maximum, either limit the frame rate or turn on DSR.
Spoiler
The number of fps will decrease, but the load on the vidyuhi will increase - more likely it will be loaded to the maximum. If this option does not suit you (you need more frames per second) - try to overclock the CPU and RAM (if possible). Not the fact that the problem will completely disappear, but the frame rate may increase slightly compared to what it is now.

n
noteMASTER_11 19.01.22

I was now suddenly able to do 87-99% recycling by stupidly turning on the swap file. I have 8-channel DDR4 memory 64 GB (8 * 8GB), I would never have thought that with such a config you need a pagefile.

A very strange engine. It flies without bots at all. Offline, if you put, for example, the Horde, then the friezes every second, unplayable, no CPU power is enough. Checked on streams - everything is loaded by 10-15%, but does not raise the maximum frequency.

If you put a slight overclock on the RTX 2060 and give it 120% TDP, then the FPS on Mayak stabilizes at 2K to 65-90 FPS with a frametime of ~ 12-15 ms, which is already much more playable.

S
SonyK_2 19.01.22

noteMASTER_11
noteMASTER_11 wrote:
...Very strange engine. It flies without bots at all. Offline, if you put, for example, the Horde, then the friezes every second, unplayable, no CPU power is enough. Checked on streams - everything is loaded by 10-15%, but does not raise the maximum frequency.
The game does not know how to evenly distribute the load on the CPU, especially since there are 2 of them and server ones - they are made taking into account the fact that they will be loaded more evenly in multithreading. They initially have lower clock frequencies (and, accordingly, single-threaded performance) - in games where there are problems with the distribution of the load on the cores, most often because of this, video cards are underloaded.
Who buys computers primarily for games (and at least a little in the "topic"), they try to take a CPU with the highest possible clock speeds. The rest are taken according to the principle: more cores are better, regardless of their performance per core. Then they write on the forums: "Why doesn't my super-duper powerful processor with many cores pull some old (often poorly optimized for multi-threading) game?"

n
noteMASTER_11 25.01.22

SonyK_2
Yes, the theory of server CPUs is clear to me, I knew what I was doing when I assembled a PC, it is not for games. :) However, with no game other than EFT, such problems have arisen so far.
Remarkably, the streams are still loaded in their entire 48-fold volume when EFT is running - but not much.
However, owners of the i9 10900K and 11900K, despite 5 GHz per stream, are also experiencing problems with GPU recycling. That is why it becomes obvious that the settings of the Unity engine are not optimized, or the capabilities of the engine are used in such a way that it will not do without stutters in the game and FPS drawdowns.

Telling tech support about this is pointless. At the same time, I am aware that the developers of the game are not idiots, and the decisions made during the development of the game were clearly conditioned and agreed upon before the next beta release.

S
SonyK_2 25.01.22

noteMASTER_11
noteMASTER_11 wrote:
...no game other than EFT had this problem...
Now it's more or less normal (except for some), older games (not multithreaded) may have similar problems.
...owners of the i9 10900K and 11900K, despite the 5GHz stream, are also experiencing problems with GPU utilization...
5GHz will not completely eliminate the problems of a crooked engine - it will work better than for example at 3GHz, but still not so good than when the cores are loaded more evenly.
...It's pointless to tell technical support about this... before the next beta release.
That's just the point, that beta! - now some games, even on release, look like alpha / beta versions, and it is almost pointless to demand quality from the developers of a game (which is not in release), they will say: "The game is still being developed", etc. By buying such imperfections, the players themselves motivate the developers to do "sloppy" - one can only hope that later they will fulfill their promises (not a fact).

B
BlackTigerTK 25.01.22

SonyK_2 wrote:
That's just the point, beta!
In general, the feeling that the game is in permanent beta. The announcement was in November 2015. Now it's January 2022. And the game is still in beta. The developers are sawing and sawing. And there is no end in sight yet. Here on the day of release you think - buy, do not buy. And pay for the beta...

n
noteMASTER_11 25.01.22

SonyK_2
That's how DayZ, 7 Days to Die and other projects live in alpha-beta for years in order to absolve themselves of responsibility for the money paid by the players.

BlackTigerTK
But you are in vain. The game is normal, and 90%+ of the mechanics have already been implemented in it, something MEGA will not happen with the release, and the engine bugs, if they could, would have been fixed a year ago. When you wait for the release and enter it, you will simply burn out in a couple of evenings and make a return, because the entire gaming audience will know the map, quests and loot by heart. And there is no balance in the raid and never will be.

B
BlackTigerTK 25.01.22

noteMASTER_11 Why did
you decide that I'm waiting for the release of this particular game? I can say that this is not so :-) It is enough for me to run around using SPT-AKI now. And they can add new mechanics endlessly.
noteMASTER_11 wrote:
would they have fixed the engine bugs a year ago
if they could? Even when the game, if it happens, gets to release?

n
noteMASTER_11 25.01.22

BlackTigerTK
My subjective opinion - yes, bugs with performance dips will remain and will be resolved only by the time when video cards and processors of the RTX 3080 and i9-11900K level fall into the mid-budget segment, and even on budget hardware EFT will give out 60+ FPS in 2K. Similar to the games in the Crysis series, which lagged in the year of release even on top-end hardware. Example: I was able to play Crysis (2007) and Crysis Warhead (2008) at maximum speed only in 2013, after 6 generations of hardware, when these games became a calculator for him.

B
BlackTigerTK 25.01.22

noteMASTER_11 wrote:
My subjective opinion - yes, bugs with performance failures will remain
Then, in principle, it is not clear why it was necessary to create a topic, if you already admit that the developers, to put it mildly, put it on engine optimization? :-)

S
SonyK_2 25.01.22

noteMASTER_11
noteMASTER_11 wrote:
...and other projects have been living in alpha-beta for years in order to relieve themselves of responsibility for the money paid by the players...
The players themselves taught the developers to treat themselves this way. No one would buy imperfections (and would not pre-order) - they would release more or less normal versions so as not to be left without money. It used to be like that, especially in the days of games on discs - if they screwed up, they had to reprint the circulation. And now we have lived to the point that games have not been released for years and at the same time they are collecting money ... :(
...bugs with performance failures will remain and will be resolved only by time ...
If the problem is not fixed, it is not a fact that it will get better over time. Run now any game that can't normally multithread - the frame rate will not be higher due to the underload of the video card. Or wait until the CPU has 10 GHz cores (exaggerating)?
...Similar to the games of the Crysis series, which lagged in the year of release even on top-end hardware....
They can lag even now. Even with the release of the remasters, they did not do normal multi-threaded optimization.

n
noteMASTER_11 25.01.22

BlackTigerTK
The topic was created to collect recommendations for increasing FPS (and the stability of their flow). And if there is any specifics, I will convert the header into an instruction without "reinstall firewood" and "check Windows updates", as in 90% of articles from Google. And let people use it, tweak it.

n
noteMASTER_11 25.01.22

SonyK_2
You're exaggerating, but imagine what it was like to talk about 4-core 8-thread CPUs at 3.5 GHz in the days of 2-4-core Intel Core 2 Duo / Quad for fabulous money. Therefore, yes, it is the growth of GHz over the years that eliminates problems like this one.

I have a licensed Crysis 3 from the remaster line that feels great in 2K at maximum settings.