3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
axmad 19.01.22 10:14 pm

router and problems

There is a keenetic giga router. Through the room in the kitchen does not catch well. Bought a second router. My brother wants to have internet without any wires. He has wired internet. Is it possible to do something like this?
22 Comments
Sort by:
a
axmad 19.01.22

a
axmad 19.01.22

How to make it so that there were fewer wires to the laptop?

y
yuriko1158 19.01.22

The 1st router distributes the Internet via WIFI.
The 2nd one catches and transmits to other devices. The 2nd router works as a WIFI signal repeater.
you can connect the 2nd one by wire and it will also distribute through the air.
it remains to configure the routers themselves. Here you need to know the web interface of the router.

a
axmad 19.01.22

We only consider his router .. He has his own Internet cable.

a
axmad 19.01.22

Fewer wires, will it work or not? He does not want to depend on 1 router, only on his Internet.

R
RicoChico 19.01.22

You put one router in one room as the main one, put the second one in the kitchen in repeater mode and connect them with a cable.
Everything, with a weak signal, the devices will automatically switch to a better connection.
And for this it was not necessary to buy a second one.

a
axmad 19.01.22

Only 1 router, don't count 2. Brother does not want to hang from our Internet

a
axmad 19.01.22

Router in his room

M
Marsj 19.01.22

axmad wrote:
He has his own internet cable.
axmad wrote:
Brother does not want to hang from our Internet
Do you have two providers?

a
axmad 19.01.22

1 we have 500 meters of Internet over the wire, he has 100

R
RicoChico 19.01.22

axmad
Then one more router is necessary. Any Speedster will do. It costs twice as much as Gigi. There are also separate Wi-Fi amplifier devices.

a
axmad 19.01.22

Wi-Fi amplifier devices are NOT suitable .. He wants not to depend on us, He needs a laptop without wires but via Wi-Fi

M
Marsj 19.01.22

Connecting your laptop to an existing Wi-Fi network isn't working?

y
yuriko1158 19.01.22

axmad
Then you need to re-ask the question, but so that ALL visitors to this topic understand.
it is difficult to solve the problem by typing.
after a lot of bukaffff, I realized so far there are two independent internets.
and the wires need to be removed.
your brother will have his internet, you will have yours.
now questions:
1. Are you both in the apartment? an extremely stupid question, but still ...
2. I think the Internet is through a wire? at what TWO wires enter the apartment?

v
vin86fate 19.01.22

Let your brother put or hang a router where his Internet cable is connected to the apartment and use wi-fi without wire

a
axmad 19.01.22

In the apartment, yes separately. He is in his room, we are in another. He has an Internet and we have one provider, but each has its own Internet wire. How to make it so that the laptop is connected via wi-fi. it is important for him that there are fewer wires to the laptop

a
axmad 19.01.22

there are 2 wires in the photo if you remove the flat wire from the router that goes to the laptop. Ineta will not.

y
yuriko1158 19.01.22

axmad
why complicate your life so much ...
but it can be solved.
answer my second question above.
but I repeat:
TWO wires enter the apartment?

M
Marsj 19.01.22

Go to the router settings and create a wi-fi channel there - wireless communication, provided that the laptop supports the router's wi-fi standard.

a
axmad 19.01.22

Dyuriko1158
YES 2 wires.