3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Q
Q_Slay 19.01.22 10:18 pm

Fallout 4 crashes without error. (Fallout 4)

Good day, I ran into such a problem that the game crashes randomly for no known reason.

specific information;

1) The PC fully meets the system requirements (there is more than enough)

2) I use a licensed Steam version of Fallout 4

3) I do not have any modifications (even from the Bethesda Creativity Club)

4) I turned off all the settings that in theory could cause to the flight (fragments from bullets, volumetric light, etc., etc.)

Before that, I played on high / ultra settings - everything was fine.

The only thing that comes to mind is the game's conflict with its own .ini file (which is located in My Games). I tried to unlock 144 fps (like in Skyrim, but this trick did not work with Fallout 4, physics bugs could not be removed.

Well, I completely deleted Fallout 4, and all the folders in AppData and My Games, cleaned the registry and installed from 0, checking the integrity of the cache (however, when I started, I was embarrassed by the saves from Steam Icloud.)

I re-checked the .ini file for the changes made earlier for fps not saved in .prefs, everything is also by default (I thought that there was a reason in them.)

And now I don’t know what to do with it.
4 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER15 19.01.22

Q_Slay
I understand Steam has cloud saving enabled for the game itself?

Q
Q_Slay 19.01.22

VETER15
I already cleaned them, turned off the cloud, it did not help.
I will now continue to play with the settings. Maybe in the parameters of Nvidia itself I will have to tweak something (probably, PhysX is weird, as always.)

s
sirartur-ya 19.01.22

Many different crashes, video card of 16xx/20xx/30xx series
Problem with displaying particles. Try enabling this mod "Weapon Debris Crash Fix (ENABLE IF Crashes AND IF YOU HAVE RTX)" in the "Service" group. If this does not help, then probably only a rollback to the 445.x driver remains.
Link to the driver:
https://www.nvidia.ru/Download/driverResults.aspx/159547/ru

l
longerr2007 25.01.22

Q_Slay wrote:
unlock 144 fps
What is it?