3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Misnert 19.01.22 10:38 pm

Help with video memory issues

The laptop has 8GB of RAM, but for some reason the video card takes only 512MB
Question: How can I increase the memory to at least 1024MB?
16 Comments
Sort by:
b
barabear 19.01.22

go to bios and add

S
Snow70 19.01.22

Misnert
https://ocomp.info/pamyat-dlya-vstroennoy-videokartyi.html

M
Misnert 19.01.22

barabear Snow70
Tried
through the bios, there is no necessary tab and function

M
Marsj 19.01.22

Misnert
Something is not present 8 Gb, one plate does not work.

M
Misnert 19.01.22

Marsj
I have one 8 GB die

M
Marsj 19.01.22

Misnert
Looks like 4 GB.
If you have 8 GB of RAM (or more), then most modern motherboards set the nominal 1024 MB for the integrated video card by default.
Does the device have 8 GB of RAM?

M
Misnert 19.01.22

Marsj

V
VETER15 19.01.22

Misnert
Nonsense!

S
Space Marine 19.01.22

Misnert
And what kind of laptop? Name, model

M
Misnert 19.01.22

Space Marine
HP Laptop 15s - eq130ur

M
MunchkiN 616 19.01.22

Misnert
if I'm not mistaken the memory usage is dynamic. those you have a graphic core and you do not immediately minus 4GB always. (in extreme cases, it’s worth looking through cpu-z how much memory you have in principle)
the second point, if this is a laptop, then most likely there is some other graphics chip and it has its own fixed dedicated memory and not RAM. so in order to check such a theory, it’s worth running some kind of game like GTA 5 on the built-in core and checking to gobble up all the video memory.

S
Space Marine 19.01.22

Misnert
Could not find such a laptop. There are only all sorts of eq1303ur, eq1340ur, eq1330ur and so on in the same vein. And they all have different configurations.
And there is no mention of eq130ur anywhere.
The size of the memory allocated for the built-in memory from the RAM is set in the BIOS. Although not the fact that your laptop has such an opportunity.
You can read https://vgtimes.ru/guides/77997-kak-uvelichit-obem-videopamyati-vstroennoy-videokarty-za-schet-ozu-chtoby-zapuskalis-lyubye-igry.html

M
Misnert 19.01.22

MunchkiN 616

before game

launch after game launch

M
Misnert 19.01.22

Space Marine
sorry model wrote wrong eq1303ur here is my model. At the expense of the guide, I repeat through the BIOS I can’t change the amount of memory because there is no necessary tab / function, and through the registry it helps only intel processors

S
Space Marine 19.01.22

Misnert
In your case, there is no way to increase the amount of memory for the build.
The 4300u processor with 8 gigs of RAM allocates only a maximum of 512 MB to the vidyuhi.
With 16 gigabytes of RAM, it can allocate up to 2GB of memory for vidyahi, and even then not in all laptops.
You can write to HP support and ask them if the allocated memory for graphics will increase if you add a second stick of memory for 8 gigs.

D
Deshang 19.01.22

Misnert
There is no point in increasing the allocated memory for inline. When it is full, it will automatically start to get from the rest of the RAM. It won't affect performance at all.
Here is my example with Athlon 3000g with 2GB and 256MB allocated:

Spoiler