3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexander OmiCron 25.01.22 09:54 pm

Some interesting questions about the game STALKER (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl)

Guys, hello everyone! Very embarrassing, but better late than never. In general, I decided to carefully and in detail go through
all the parts of the Stalker. Now I'm going through the first part - "Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl"
This game is from my childhood, ie. I really remember 2007, how it came out and how I even tried to play it, but for some reason did not pass (probably the PC was rather weak at that time :)).

I have some questions about this game:

1. Is it possible to remove body kits in the game? Let's say I picked up/found a pistol/machine gun with a silencer, and is it possible to remove the silencer and other body kits?
2. What to do with unnecessary/extra weapons/costumes/artifacts? All this can only be sold or are there any other options that are more profitable? And if you sell, it does not matter to whom?
3. Is there an option to sleep in the game?
4. Is there any way to increase the weight in the game?
5. Is there any way to repair weapons/suits in the game?
6. When an indicator appears on the side - "Spoons with a fork", this means that the GG is hungry. Do I understand correctly that at this moment you need to eat something and preferably more so that this indicator does not exist for a long time?
7. Fox and Bes died in my game (by the way, I shot a good automatic machine with a silencer from Bes) - is there anything critical in this?
8. Does it make sense to do tasks that are repetitive? Is there any benefit from this?
6 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 25.01.22

Alexander OmiCron wrote:
1. Is it possible to remove body kits in the game? Let's say I picked up/found a pistol/machine gun with a silencer, and is it possible to remove the silencer and other body kits?
Yes, unless it's a unique barrel, plus in the CN and RFP, you will first need to upgrade the technician in order to put some body kits.

Alexander OmiCron wrote:
2. What to do with unnecessary/extra weapons/costumes/artifacts? All this can only be sold or are there any other options that are more profitable? And if you sell, it does not matter to whom?
Everything that you do not need can be sold, though there are quest items, again, some art is required for quests.

Alexander OmiCron wrote:
3. Is it possible to sleep in the game?
There is in the SP.

Alexander OmiCron wrote:
4. Is there any way to increase the weight in the game?
Artifacts, armor with increased carry weight, weight upgrades and an exoskeleton greatly increase carry weight.

Alexander OmiCron wrote:
5. Is there any way to repair weapons/suits in the game?
Techniques are repaired in the ChN and ZP, equipment cannot be repaired in the TC, but there is an alternative method, the armor can be repaired in the anomaly by hanging 4-5 batteries of the Battery type (there are others) on yourself, which gives 30% to the resistance of electricity and then climb into the electra, a heavily worn barrel can be placed on a zombie, NPC or scripted corpse.

Alexander OmiCron wrote:
6. When an indicator appears on the side - "Spoons with a fork", this means that the GG is hungry. Do I understand correctly that at this moment you need to eat something and preferably more so that this indicator does not exist for a long time?
Yes, hunger affects stamina and health.

Alexander OmiCron wrote:
7. Fox and Bes died in my game (by the way, I removed a good automatic machine with a silencer from Bes) - is there anything critical in this?
Apart from the quest, they are no longer needed for anything.

Alexander OmiCron wrote:
. Does it make sense to do tasks that are repetitive? Is there any benefit from this?
There is a profit in getting cartridges, grenades or arts for some quests, for example, a quest to destroy the lair of bloodsuckers, you can get a very useful battery artifact.

A
Alexander OmiCron 25.01.22

saa0891
Thank you for your reply)

A

saa0891
There is one more question) The fact that the game is NOT perfect shooting, ie. one gets the feeling that they didn’t work on it well (under-finished), or it was specially made so that it would be close to shooting like in the real World, so that the spread was large, etc., is this how it should be?

s
saa0891 25.01.22

Alexander OmiCron
This is just one of the few games where shooter mechanics are made as realistic as possible, there is even such a parameter as flatness.

A

saa0891
Understood) There is some kind of buzz in such shooting (constantly keeps in some kind of tension). Well, then over time, when you get used to the weapon, the shooting is quite tolerable. Still, studying weapons, what kind of spread a particular gun has, gives a lot.

b
bradman 31.01.22

1. You can remove and install body kits, unless it is a quest barrel. Another thing is the next part - (Clear Sky). There you can not only remove and hang body kits, but also upgrade weapons the way you want, just bring the tools to the technicians)
2. Extra weapons and uniforms can be sold to any merchant, as well as a simple stalker if they have enough money. Merchants will give the price less, as hucksters)
3. You can't sleep in this part of the game without adding modifications.
4. There is an opportunity to carry more weight. The amount of carrying capacity depends on the suit and on the artifacts that increase the weight.
5. It is impossible to repair weapons in this part, so be careful) A worn barrel can be sold, but if it is badly worn, then no one will buy it.
6. Yes, so that the indicators of endurance and health do not fall, you need to maintain the well-fed state of the Marked One. Otherwise, it will be difficult to move around, since the character will not be able to run for a long time, and later he will not be able to move at all and will die. And if you forgot to save, then it's sad, because no one wants to go through the same thing several times.
7. The only thing that will change from the death of these boys is that the task in which they are involved will be impossible to complete. But it's okay, only if it's not a story mission.
8. The same tasks, i.e. side ones are needed in order to maintain supplies of provisions (ammo, food, artifacts, etc.). If there is no need for ammunition, then such tasks can not be completed